Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
i will pretend to know who george dawes is snoots and say yes xD he looks like a thin, young version of nigel clibbens... illigitimate son peharps? :o
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
Just been reading Metro, and they were interviewing a goalie who has played in all 6 FIFA confederations (the only one to do so), and in 25 countries.
He's played for 4 teams in England...one of them being Town.
His name......Lutz Pfannenstiel.
Never heard of him....but he sounds like a real character...and he's just released a book.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Had to research this fella, 'cause I've never 'eard of 'im either.

Looks like he was with us 2001/2 but didn't play a game for us. The other teams being Wimbledon and Forest, who he didn't play a game for either. Though he did turn out for Bradford PA a few times. He's a fraud.  Laugh He might figure in a future random Badger from me.  Laugh
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
I'M NO PESSIMIST.....JUST AN OPTIMIST WITH EXPERIENCE !!
Ex Town defender, Sam Collins, is in charge of Hartlepool for tonight's JPT match with the Blunts.
Bloody hell....I remember Sam Collins as an acne faced, young looking lad trying to get a regular place in the Town defence.
I must be getting old.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Lutz Pfannenstiel has been bobbing round the 'interesting character' interviews for a wee while now. I think he was brought in as cheap cover when he came to Town - seem to recall him being on the bench in a reserve game, but that was about it. Seems an interesting guy, but an interview is enough - I won't be buying his book.
Et in Arcadia Ego.

General football writing here
Radio Leeds reporting this morning that Mark Robins is in advanced talks to become the new Scunthorpe manager.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
"Mark, do you want the job?"

"Ye"

"Ok, we'll wait for the 's'".

Advanced talks indeed.
Et in Arcadia Ego.

General football writing here
Ex Town midfielder Ronnie Wallwork returns to football.

http://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/thread-241...ml#pid6494
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »