Thread Rating:
The Push for Promotion - Act 2 Season 2015-16
Don't think you lot take me seriously so no smiling icons or dohs in this one.

Here's what I'd like to see happen in the Transfer window.

Sell: Nuhiu, Helan & Lachman. Maybe also Semi

Buy and/or loan: New striker (maybe Hooper), winger (cover for Wallace), half back & replacement defender for Lachman

Bring back Lavery & give him a try. If it doesn't work out, get rid by season's end.

Either sell Bus, put him out on loan or try him out as a squad player. But don't just keep him as a name, a man of mystery.

Keep Palmer. I still think he has something to offer.
"God Save the King."
(29-12-2015, 21:35)peiowl Wrote: Don't think you lot take me seriously so no smiling icons or dohs in this one.

agree, except nuhiu is up in summer so we'll keep him.

(29-12-2015, 21:35)peiowl Wrote: Buy and/or loan: New striker (maybe Hooper), winger (cover for Wallace), half back & replacement defender for Lachman

agree, agree, the fuuucks a half back Laugh, agree

(29-12-2015, 21:35)peiowl Wrote: Bring back Lavery & give him a try. If it doesn't work out, get rid by season's end.

Either sell Bus, put him out on loan or try him out as a squad player. But don't just keep him as a name, a man of mystery.

disagree

agree

(29-12-2015, 21:35)peiowl Wrote: Keep Palmer. I still think he has something to offer.

agree

how's that for taking you serious? Laugh
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(29-12-2015, 21:35)peiowl Wrote: Don't think you lot take me seriously so no smiling icons or dohs in this one.

Buy and/or loan: New striker (maybe Hooper), winger (cover for Wallace), half back & replacement defender for Lachman

Bring back Lavery & give him a try. If it doesn't work out, get rid by season's end.

1) Doubt we will sell anyone. Lachman has gone I hear. Helan, Nuhiu & Semedo are useful squad players

2) Hooper should have his loan extended for the season. We may bring in a wide player as well.

3) Lavery isn't good enough. He won't play for us again.

4) Bus is tricky because no-one knows how good he is.

5) Not even worth discussing. No-one would consider letting Palmer go.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

I'll take you seriously with this as well.

Nuhiu - keep him until a better replacement is found.  If we do not replace him then keep him and let him leave in the summer.
Helan - as above, although I would be happier keeping him as he does have more to offer as a sub.
Lachman - no idea what to think about him??  He plays with the development squad but no idea if he is any good or not.
Semi - Lopez is a better option but is only on loan to us.  Melo is the unknown for this position.  If we can get these two fit then I think they will provide the back up to Hutch that we need and Semi can leave.
Lavery - Leave him at Pompey for the full season, give him time to prove what he can do but I don't think he will play for us again.
Bus - agree with you.
Palmer - agree with you, Hunt is better at some aspects but is on loan, lets make sure we use the rest of this season to improve Palmer.
A major breakthrough. You took me seriously. I was. Thanks.
"God Save the King."
seriously though, whats a half back? Laugh
consilio and St Charles Owl like this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
i dont think this thread matters anymore we have fallen 4pts behind and will never catch up in a month of sundays !!!
Imre, have faith my son!! We are 4pts off the playoffs at the halfway stage of the season. We still have 66 points to play for so anything is still possible.
If we don't find some consistency AND points fast then it's unlikely we'll ever catch the pack never mind get ahead of it.

Though if we aim for taking around two thirds of the 66 points available, 40-44 points would see us finish between 70pts and 80pts. Our highest in many years and possibly within the last playoff spot
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I think 80 points would guarantee the play offs, in fact I think 75 would do. I'm sure I read something somewhere regarding how many points it usually takes, maybe someone could dig something up.

Ok, did some digging. Over the last 16 seasons the average points of the 6th place team is 73.5 points. The highest total was 78 by Ipswich last season and the lowest was 68 by Leicester in 2013.

So if we figure 75 should do it then we need a further 39 points or 1.77 points per game. That is definitely within our reach.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »