Thread Rating:
Celtic's initial Euro progress goes smoothly!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/33539505

It looks like the Hoops' Champions League quali campaign will progress to the next round after this fairly comfortable 1st leg win against an off-form Icelandic side. Much tougher matches ahead methinks although this display was better than the previous Europa League Scottish club performances of Aberdeen and Saint Johnstone - both very unimpressive with one side eliminated and the other very lucky not to be eliminated by low category Euro opponents as well.
Nice to see your big team through!
Well they got the win last night but only just.  The second leg in Azerbaijan will be tough and I can see them conceding early and coming under a ton of pressure, wouldn't be surprised to see them go out if I am honest!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33647138
Well they managed to secure a 0-0 draw and get through to the next round. Was a lot of one way traffic against them it would appear but they held on. The next rounds opponents will be better, so Celtic will need to step it up if they want to go further!! There next round opponent will be one of these:

Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)
Partizan Belgrade (Serbia)
Malmo (Sweden)
Skenderbeu Korce (Albania)
Astana (Kazakhstan)

I think they may struggle against the top three teams but then none of us really know how good any of these teams are currently, well I don't thats for sure!!!
SCO
I think you`ve found out how good Malmo are now but I`ve got to say I never saw that scoreline coming I`ve got a tenner on Celtic winning 1-0 in Malmo.
xxxx john collins
Celtic screw it up again!! Poor display from them again in Europe!!
Delighted they're out John Collins us a xxxx
Europa league is a good tournament, they should concentrate on that instead of whining about the champions league.delusions of grandeur.

Actually i can see lennon back there before too long.
Agreed jim
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »