Thread Rating:
Drag Racing (Santa Pod Drag Raceway)
[Image: GEGmLZY.jpg]

When I was a teenager, my friends and I used to go to Santa Pod for almost all of the meetings. My father would drop us off in the morning and someone else's would collect us in the evenings - we loved it.  Once we were able to drive we'd go there for the weekends and camp out or sleep in the cars.

A truly brilliant time of my life with Top Fuel Dragsters blasting down the track shaking the ground and forcing me to plug my ears with my fingers. Much louder that a Who or Deep Purple concert during that 10 seconds it took them to cover the quarter of a mile.

All categories of dragster and bike were exciting in their own way and this included the 'Run what you Brung' category where people literally paid their dues, register a time down the strip and the completed against others. Jags versus Corvettes etc - wonderful stuff.
[Image: qC2CW4ol.jpg]

I have just, for no reason at all, remembered these times and have spoken to my best mate (all the way from youth to now) and suggested that we get off our backsides and go there again to relive our youth and enjoy a 'petrol head' day out.

Anyone else on here interested in this sport or even take part in it. Maybe I am all alone..... Confused
I liked stock car racing.

Used to collect top trumps so had a set of drag cars with that. Also liked my matchbox cars and had some there. Never fancied going, though.
(13-06-2015, 18:53)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: I liked stock car racing.

Used to collect top trumps so had a set of drag cars with that. Also liked my matchbox cars and had some there. Never fancied going, though.
Not a bucket list item. But a bloody good day out experience
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
I used to go to the stock car racing at Sunny Vale near Halifax in the 70s with my dad. This is just how I remember it. Loved it.

Stairs likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »