Thread Rating:
Feb 1st (Final Day): WBA January 2016 Transfer Window
I don't really know the guy but it seems like the club really rate him if they are prepared to spend 5 million Euros on him when he has been playing in the Spanish 3rd Division this season. He is like Blanco in terms of height so it will interesting to see if he will be able to adapt to the Premier League but if all goes well, we could have a super talent on our books based on how highly rated he is.

Just imagine the 4 of Benavente, Berahino, Gignac and McManaman combining together in a quick counter-attacking style.

McManaman-Yacob-Fletcher-Benavente
Gignac-Berahino

McManaman-Yacob-Fletcher-Berahino
Benavente
Gignac  

Transfermarkt has him down as an attacking midfielder who can also play on both wings - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cristian-...ler/232859

This season's performances - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cristian-...ler/232859

His Peru performances - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cristian-...in_id/3584
(06-06-2015, 20:16)WBA-Josh Wrote: I don't really know the guy

Can I suggest you take more than a passing interest in overseas football Whistle Big Grin
drewks and WBA-Josh like this post
I can go a step higher than Aston Villa
Don't get this Wayne Hennessey interest he doesn't strike me as better than Boaz Myhill which i presume he would leave if we signed Hennessey there's no way we'd have the pair of them & Foster on the books plus highly rated Jack Rose.
Seems like a wasted fee which could be used elsewhere as I'd imagine Palace will want the vast majority of the money back that they paid for Hennessey Confused
Maybe Boaz has got a taste for regular first-team action again, after playing the second part of the season. If he's asking to go and we're willing to let him, Hennessey might make sense (though I haven't watched him enough to know if he's at the same level as Boaz now). Otherwise, as puzzled as you, Tom.
I don't think tabloids have much to write about at the moment, with most people away on
holiday and such, so just make things up. Pulis signed Hennessey for Palace, so they're
linking him again.

While it's possible there could be truth in anything they write, I'd assume this is just something
they've made up to fill a page after Boaz activated his additional year. Unless he was sold for
a fee or Foster wasn't going to recover for the start of the season, it would make no sense to
buy a goalkeeper.
What's this about McAuley going to Lesta?    Angry
(09-06-2015, 00:14)Slick_Footwork Wrote: I don't think tabloids have much to write about at the moment, with most people away on
holiday and such, so just make things up. Pulis signed Hennessey for Palace, so they're
linking him again.

While it's possible there could be truth in anything they write, I'd assume this is just something
they've made up to fill a page after Boaz activated his additional year. Unless he was sold for
a fee or Foster wasn't going to recover for the start of the season, it would make no sense to
buy a goalkeeper.

The West Brom website suggests that Foster won't be fully fit until October.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
(09-06-2015, 00:14)Slick_Footwork Wrote: I don't think tabloids have much to write about at the moment, with most people away on
linking him again.

buy a goalkeeper.
Steve Maddeley in the E&S seems to think that there is a genuine interest in Hennessey while the story about the lad from Real Meadrid appears to be a load of rubbish
I could imagine us signing him for around £2.5M then cutting corners signing bang average players who are past it on a free Doh
Other than the Richard Garlick item, has anyone seen any item on the official WBAFC site in respect of proposed transfer dealings?
Hope the Hennessey thing does not happen, he was on loan at Yeovil and he was very poor
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »