Thread Rating:
Feb 1st (Final Day): WBA January 2016 Transfer Window
(04-06-2015, 17:17)talkSAFT Wrote: Looks fantastic, but why would his Agent not wait until the end of the Transfer Window.....and a Salary Auction?
Same with all players.
We'll be getting the scraps as usual, like Ideye.
I'll still read this Thread with interest, but wait to see who we're lumbered with at the end of August.
You sound like me the last couple of seasons Smile
I'll keep an open mind this season with the hope of pulling out a couple of gems but sadly it probably won't happen like recent seasons but we can live in hope until reality sets in! Sad

talkSAFT likes this post
Christian Fuchs would have a been a very good signing for us at LB. On a free and at a very good age, I think we may have missed out on one there, especially in a position we are desperate for.
(05-06-2015, 16:28)DanTheSmethwickMan Wrote: Christian Fuchs would have a been a very good signing for us at LB. On a free and at a very good age, I think we may have missed out on one there, especially in a position we are desperate for.
We should of looked at him for fuchs sake  Smile
DanTheSmethwickMan likes this post
(04-06-2015, 11:19)wba_1996 Wrote: On the other hand, if we do manage to get Gignac and we keep Berahino then we would have the best strikeforce outside of the top 6  Cool

This combo would be good, plus Brown Ideye if he stays, or go all out for Charlie Austin, he look like another Kevin Phillips in the making. Sell Anichebe - we want forwards who can stay injury free and score at least 10 goals a season, not just hold the ball up.
The only reason I could see Berahino opting for Newcastle is more money and playing in front of 52,000 every week (that figure reduces to 10,000 with twenty minutes left).

(04-06-2015, 18:23)Tom_Wba Wrote: I'll keep an open mind this season with the hope of pulling out a couple of gems but sadly it probably won't happen like recent seasons but we can live in hope until reality sets in!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think with Tony Pulis in charge, we'll have a much better summer transfer window. TP won't let happen what happened last summer, when Alan Irvine and Mervyn Day came in late and had little say, and Terry Burton won't be entrusted with buying players.

(05-06-2015, 16:28)DanTheSmethwickMan Wrote: Christian Fuchs would have a been a very good signing for us at LB. On a free and at a very good age, I think we may have missed out on one there, especially in a position we are desperate for.
I think we'll look at Martin Olsson of Norwich again, despite their promotion. He only failed to sign for us in January because he couldn't get to The Hawthorns in time because of the snow.
McCauley and Yacob offered new contracts.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/west-b...84204.aspx

DD Thumb up Thumb up
Ubique.
According to Marca we have almost completed the signing of Real Madrid Castilla's 21 year old attacking mid, Cristain Benavente: http://www.marca.com/en/2015/06/06/en/fo...84758.html

He has 8 caps for Peru. Not the type of player I was expecting Pulis to go for.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
(06-06-2015, 13:46)wba_1996 Wrote: According to Marca we have almost completed the signing of Real Madrid Castilla's 21 year old attacking mid, Cristain Benavente: http://www.marca.com/en/2015/06/06/en/fo...84758.html

He has 8 caps for Peru. Not the type of player I was expecting Pulis to go for.

Over to you Josh!

What's your take on this player.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Seems to be the hot topic in Spain

Also been linked here and dubbed the new "'Peruvian Ronaldinho"

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/776788499?-11200:789:0
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
The Peruvian Ronaldinho Doh
We need to work on a nickname for him if he signs
WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse likes this post
A 5"8 South American who plays in a central attacking midfield role, that Pulis rarely plays with.

Sounds like a good player but cant see it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »