Thread Rating:
Celtic are finally presented with the Premiership title in style!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/32796644

Congratulations to the Hoops who end the season with a comfortable 5-0 win against an under-strength ICT team That's 4-in-a-row and it's very much the same of the same in a Scottish Premiership where their monopoly will not be broken up very easily. I envy their success. They've got a huge fan base and the money to fund a very strong player pool that will guarantee some kind of success every season while other Scottish clubs do not have such rich resources and are scrambling to even get close to emulating such success. It's been a good first season for their Norwegian manager Ronny Deila who came fairly close to winning the domestic treble and he certainly relished the moment at Celtic Park with his twin daughters, Thale and Lave. Another Premiership season ends in the usual manner.
Their monopoly will continue for years to come unless they really screw up!! Rangers are the only team who can rival their fan base and revenue potential, but with only one Champions League place which Celtic will continue to win, that revenue alone if they get to the group stages eclipes most of the rest of Scottish football!!

I actually think its quite sad for Scottish football on the whole!! Certainly not Celtic's fault, they should win everything they can, but it does make the league an almost non-entity in terms of competition!!
0762 likes this post
Hi 0762 nice to have you here

I see it that Celtic more finally got their act together in style, We are still talking about the same Celtic who did awful in Europe, lost at home to Hamilton Academical then started celebrating 1-0 victories as if they`d won the World Cup. Aberdeen pushed them very hard this year, we didnt expect to win it but our challenge certainly made you step up a gear, I think thats fair to say and it improved you as a side, I expect more next season now from us and for you under Ronny Delia.

If a strong Rangers backed by money comes to the SPL
A resurgent Aberdeen (Please carry on where we left off!)
and maybe continued strong showings from ICT, Dundee Utd and perhaps Hearts next year that the league will be as interesting as this season has
Turkey, 0762 is a very comitted Hibby!!!

As regards competition, yes Aberdeen kept it close but only really because they had played more games than Celtic for much of the season. Once those games in hand came around Celtic easily pulled away!! The key for Scottish football is European football, the teams that go into the Europa league need to do much better than they have in recent years to get that coefficient number up. Getting a second CL spot like you use to have would give teams something the really aim for and a revenue stream that will really help chase Celtic. Celtic will still win the title most years but if they slip just a little someone may just be able to take advantage!!
Oh shame I`d hoped for some on the Celtic board to spar with
Yes it would help massively but until Celtic end up in the last 16 a few years running and such then sadly its not going to happen, its like Football feudalism with the Rich Knighst and downtrodden serfs
To be fair, Celtic have pretty much done their bit in Europe in the past few years, its the teams in the Europa League that need to reach the group stages to build up the points as a whole. The coefficient is built up with points from both competitions.
IMO that's wishful thinking re significant Europa League progress although it would be good to see some kind of improvement. The standard of football is not good enough and none of the three Scottish clubs below Celtic will progress past the 3rd qualifier. If any club miraculously achieved that feat, they'd likely ruin their football season in the process - not geared up, not rich enough and not good enough for such a challenging campaign. That's effectively why all Scottish clubs are in a poor Euro qualifying position - forced by such a low Euro coefficient accumulated by poor results down the years. By Euro standards, the general standard of Scottish football is very poor - comparable with the standard of League 1 or League 2 in English football.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »