Thread Rating:
Brighouse to Wembley
Forgot to add the first visit to AUFC was for a charity game, got autographs of Emile Ford and Bob Greaves amongst others.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(26-09-2014, 21:33)Lord Snooty Wrote: There's a Screwfix in Huddersfield, Maddbugger. On Leeds Road just past McDonalds and KFC.

I can't find my way round Huddersfield nowadays  Doh they keep changing the name of the stadium that I used to navigate by  Whistle I also used to navigate by pub names but all of them have closed now  Angry or become Wetherspoons  Angry

and why would I want to drive from Odsal to Hudders when Brighouse or Birstall is much easier  Cool

and please explain HTF I am supposed to drive past KFC and McDonalds Huh

Laugh
and complicated
Ashton United 1 Salford City 1 and Lancaster beat FC United 1-0

Aye. A replay then. I got some stick off o't' Twitter this aft for putting that bit about Ashley Young. Apparently I'd got the wrong bloke. It isn't the same player who plays for Manyoo. Laugh
No that one probably stays on his feet

Buxton beat Newcastle Benfield 2-0
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Match report from the FA website:

Quote:Salford City were denied a memorable win and place in The FA Cup Third Round Qualifying after Ashton United scored a last-minute equaliser to secure a replay at the The Michael Jefferson Memorial Arena.

Jamie Rother's stunning second-half strike looked to have won the tie for Salford but the hosts levelled in added time to ensure a rematch between the two teams at Moor Lane on Tuesday.

Salford came close to making it the perfect week by adding to the news that Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim has purchased a 50 per cent share in the Evo-Stik First Division North side to work alongside 'Class of '92' Manchester United legends Gary and Phil Neville, who was in attendance at the tie, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes.

A crowd of over 200 watched both teams battle it out and Salford defended stoutly until the death when victory was snatched away from them against a side placed one division higher.

Ashton edged a tight first half and came close to taking an early lead when striker Kayde Coppin's low cross across the goalmouth only needed to be turned in, but the ball evaded everyone.

However, the best chance in the opening 45 minutes fell to the away side, as Salford striker Danny Webber rattled the crossbar with a delightful chip over goalkeeper Paul Phillips on 21 minutes.

The breakthrough arrived after 54 minutes when Salford's Rother fired home a first-time volley into the roof of the net after latching onto a cross from the wing.

But Ashton ensured a replay when a last-gasp chance was converted to take this tie to a replay.
Marine win 4-5 at Hyde. Excellent.
Et in Arcadia Ego.

General football writing here
FC Romania lost 3-2 to Sutton United
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
First Coventry now Romania......
Et in Arcadia Ego.

General football writing here
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »