Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Absolutely have to stop Joao making a meal of things. Whilst the penalty was legit.. If you watch the highlights. as the ref jogs into the box Joao is gathering himself on his hands and knees. Takes a look up at the ref. Then, falls face first into the grass again and rolls over.. He'd already won the penalty, trying to escalate it further does no one any good.

I cannot stand this in a player and I really want to like Joao. It seems no one is tugging his ear, Captain needs to tell him to cut that shit out during game play. Carlos probably just sees it as part of the 'European' game.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
TBH I thought FF was like that when I saw him play against us last year for Watford. He was going in pretty hard and late but at the slightest touch fell over and rolled around a lot.
Doesn't seem as bad for us but definitely one of those players you hate on the opposites but love on your own team.
FF was and still is a bit like that I reckon, as you say though it doesn't seem as bad this season.

Joao on the other hand I've already seen do this a few times, and he hasn't even played half a season yet.
I can almost understand that 'Ankle Tapping' etc has become widely regarded as 'Tactical'. Rolling around and making a meal of challenges to con refs into carding and giving you decisions is just low imo

I can't abide by professional sportsmen resorting to cheating
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
we've moaned for years about having no one who wants to go down claiming pens and everyone being too honest. suddenly we get 2 who will roll around a bit and win us stuff and we want to change them? Huh weird breed are wednesday fans Laugh
consilio likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(22-12-2015, 18:15)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: we've moaned for years about having no one who wants to go down claiming pens and everyone being too honest. suddenly we get 2 who will roll around a bit and win us stuff and we want to change them? Huh weird breed are wednesday fans Laugh

Yes, I agree we have complained about needing to be more "professional" in and around the box but I think that's different to what we see with Joao sometimes.  Feeling contact in the box and going down is different to feeling contact, going down and then claiming injury or pain!!!  As Stateside said it was his actions after the penalty was given, he had done his job drawing the foul, he should have just left it at that.  I am not saying he deliberately went down with the challenge either, I think he was determined to get the goal and would have shot moments after the challenge only to be fouled first but he doesn't need to roll around as you say.

(22-12-2015, 13:53)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: are we having a new thread soon for 2nd half and jan window?

I was thinking of leaving this thread and just changing the title but I will get a new one up in the next couple of days for the JTW.
Thread now closed and new one in time for the January transfer window and second half of the season now up.
Washington likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed