Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
McCabe has had one league start since SG took over & that was last season at Reading when he played well and we won. His reward was to not get another start in over a year.

Madine also got one start under SG, at home against Watford, on the day Hallam Hope was the provider. He did ok considering but we won't know how good he is until he finds a decent team to play in regularly.

SG's judgement is questionable, preferring to cash in on Antonio to get May and rejecting Afobe on a free. So he rejected 35 goals and 15 assists in favour of May's 7 goals and one assist.

If he had kept Antonio & signed Afobe, no doubt we would be top three now.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I agree Thurny, Floro hasn't played much. But he should have developed enough to feature from time to time by now. I watched his pre-season game against Chezzy almost 2 years back now. He was quite poor, shielding the ball out 3 times when we were the last to touch it giving Chezzy 3 free corners. Kirkland was screaming at him and it was a friendly...

Anyway, if he hasn't come along by now perhaps he should move on or be loaned out for a full season. Same method we used on Palmer perhaps.

MS!
I definitely agree SG makes very dubious decisions, I would've signed Afobe personally. Having watched some Arsenal youth games on Tv and Engand U-21 games I can't believe he slipped through our fingers to be honest. He just hadn't found his form and, of course, was feeding off our hopeless midfield.

I think even without Afobe & Antonio we could've attained a top 6 spot with less negative tactics and greater flexibility. Refusal to adapt is reason enough for removal of SG. The reasons for him not to be in charge next season far outweigh any reasons he should remain.
Towinjustonce and madsteve like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Kirkland, Zayette, Kelhar, Floro, Semedo, Maghoma, McCabe, Corry, Coke, Madine and Nuhiu can all go for me which is a lot so not all may happen.

Maguire, Mattock are more gone for me too but we need a squad which could save them, or a manager who can get more from them.

McGugan has to be signed, Keane and Isgrove are a maybe as I am hoping we can get better in.

Bus, May and Lavery are all very similar too so maybe one of them sent on loan.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
Hearing that McGugan's absence may have more to it than a virus.

Apparently he wasn't happy at being substituted on Tuesday and when SG told him to sit on the bench, he pushed a coach out of the way and stormed off down the tunnel. It may be that the relationship between SG & McGugan has broken down so maybe we won't be getting him next season.

Either way, it doesn't reflect well on either of them.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Got more chance of perm signing Keane than isgrove imre
Southampton give their youth a crack, manure dont
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Sheffield Wednesday are delighted to announce the key appointments of two advisors to the club’s chairman, Mr Dejphon Chansiri.

Vastly experienced duo Adam Pearson and Glenn Roeder will form two parts of what is effectively a three-man sporting director by committee alongside head coach Stuart Gray.

The committee will evolve and potentially expand on an ongoing basis.

Pearson and Roeder, who bring a wealth of football expertise both on and off the field, begin their roles at Hillsborough with immediate effect.

Pearson is the former owner and chairman of Hull City – with whom he was chairman while the Tigers made their bow in the Premier League - and Derby County, whilst also having served on the board of Leeds United.

In addition, he has held a range of senior executive positions in football and the wider sporting community.

Pearson will advise the Owls’ chairman on business-related strategies across all areas of Hillsborough.

Roeder, meanwhile, will focus specifically on the football side of the operation, drawing on an impressive pedigree initially as a player with the likes of QPR, Newcastle United and Watford.

Roeder made a total of 561 appearances before moving into management, initially as player/manager at Gillingham before graduating to the second tier with Watford.

The Premier League duly followed, where he managed Newcastle United and West Ham United. Roeder also led Norwich City in the Championship.

The double appointment complements Mr. Chansiri's philosophy of sustainable ownership, with the achievement of full potential on opportunities for the club in the short, medium and long term.

He told swfc.co.uk: “Adam and Glenn are seasoned football professionals and I am delighted they are joining us on this exciting journey, which we all intend will lead to the Premier League.

“To achieve that ambition, it is imperative for the prosperity of our club that anyone I introduce is of absolutely the right football calibre and both Adam and Glenn meet this requirement.

“They will work alongside our head coach Stuart Gray having been carefully selected to focus on a clearly defined scope of responsibility deemed vital to the club’s interests and future successes, on and off the pitch.

“I would like to officially welcome Adam and Glenn to Sheffield Wednesday.”
madsteve likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Shows that DC isn't wasting any time.

Roeder is a great advocate of 352 although I suspect that SG will have control over tactics.
(20-04-2015, 12:55)madsteve Wrote: Shows that DC isn't wasting any time.

Roeder is a great advocate of 352 although I suspect that SG will have control over tactics.

Not for long  Thumb up
and complicated
So if SG balls it up, Roeder will take his place then?????
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Think it is a question of using the strengths of each of them.

Pearson is great in organisation, finances, bringing in sponsors & involving the community.

Roeder has good contacts, is good at player indentification & tactics.

Gray is good at handing out the bibs.
Was Wereham Owl and Washington like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed