Thread Rating:
The old mutual consent statement
https://www.htafc.com/news/2024/may/club...r-departs/
Lord Snooty likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Good. He's been appalling. Hopefully we don't have to pay him off.

Worse than Siewert.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Bit harsh that Snoots, but definitely not much better than him or the Mad Jock.

Also have to take into account we had a well respected recruitment team that put together a couple of the most harmonious squads we've seen in years. They were allowed to be poached, leave or got pushed out the door. The one's in charge now are as disjointed as the playing staff they've recruited or retained.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I think the mad Jock might have been alright at L1 level. Definitely not Championship.

Wouldn't have him back now though.
When it says mutual consent what it really means is he has resigned, but you all know that already.

Where do we go from here?
I don't know whether this guy had the potential to do a good job, but you certainly set him up to fail. Ever since you decided to set Warnock free and not take advantage of all his years of experience, despite his having performed the miracle of saving you from relegation the previous season ..... you've been slowly deflating in much the same way as we did at Chesterfield. It's a process you have to stop next season and merely steadying the ship can turn out to be an illusion. You need to be challenging to get back to the Championship, because as the ad says, you're worth it. (Especially you lot on here.)

Last night I watched Crewe play Doncaster. Why on earth is Rowe out on loan? How many players do you have better than him, three maybe four? Get him to wear long socks though. Playing that well, with socks round his ankles is just too tempting.
We were just saying how many manager's Rowe has missed by being out on loan. He made his debut in the Premier League but might find his level next season with us.
Well mutual consent sounds a lot better than Rosenior's departure at Hull. The owner there was so full of how well they were doing he gave Rosenior a 3 year contract extension in January, only to sack him for "not playing enough attacking football", apparently. As mentioned elsewhere, spaffing the £10-£12million in transfer fees plus whatever wages they and mulltiple Prima Donna League loans were on (and don't forget Billy Sharp) that all finally went pear shaped when they didn't turn up in Plymouth to nick a play-off place might have had a tad something more to do with it.

'appy 'arry always looked good when he was spaffing his chairmans millions, as did Lo(o)sy Brucy wherever he could throw someone elses wallet around. The disaster they leave behind is what the fans have to deal with. The Chairmen knew what they were getting into.

Quote:Last night I watched Crewe play Doncaster. Why on earth is Rowe out on loan?

A succession of dumb head coaches that think there are 3 or 4 better players in his position Devon.

A lot of (all now former) Town coaches like what Sorba Thomas does on a Saturday afternoon but they can't handle him Monday to Friday. Warnock said he's a rogue but he knows how to handle him because he's one too. Fotheringham (The Mad Jock) couldn't handle him so had him loaned out to Blackburn. They couldn't handle him either so he only played in half of their games. Herr's NearlyAllGone after a few weeks at Town couldn't handle him either, hence he was dropped for the last game. A 10-0 win wouldn't have saved us so it didn't matter.

Brighton Writer is likely a good coach when players all buy in to what he's about, too many of our lot didn't buy into what 3 coaches were about this season. Have to wonder what will please some of them. He couldn't have recalled Rowe anyway by the time we brought him in, but to sit in pressers every week while you are here and say everyone has done their job in training, then piss and moan at the end of the season that they were never fit enough from the start of the season and weren't putting the effort in in training so it's not his fault?!?! So what exactly was it that attracted him to the job offer from the multi-millionaire owner of Huddersfield Town?

I wish him well in his quest for a job in the Bundesliga.
I wish Town well in finding a head coach that can handle Thomas, if we can keep him, as he will run riot in League One, as will Rowe.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I doubt Sorba will be here next season, he’ll get offers from the Championship or worst case scenario Wrexham. I also doubt Rowe will be here. I’m not sure the club rate him
If what I've heard sorba was doing is true, then he won't be here, and if he is, he will be in a lot of pain...

I've heard his actions have made it difficult for his agent to get other teams interested, they know what he's done and said they don't want him. If it's true he may have actually ruined his career...

Crawley played some nice football didn't they. Who is the current favourite? Rosinior? Yay Moore mk3
Another day, another door, another high, another low
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »