Thread Rating:
New Blunts
Sheffield United have signed midfielder Tommy Doyle on a season-long loan from Premier League champions Manchester City.

The 20-year-old, who has made seven first team appearances for City, spent time on loan at Hamburg and Cardiff City during last season.

Doyle is currently under contract with City until the end of 2025.

"I'm excited to be here, I'm ready and looking forward to starting the season," Doyle told the club's website.

"I got the phone call that Sheffield United was interested and it is hard to say no to a club like this.

"I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, I know one or two already, but I'm focused on getting down to work and preparing for the new season."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Anel Ahmedhodzic
Anel Ahmedhodzic made 15 appearances for Bordeaux last season
Sheffield United have signed Malmo defender Anel Ahmedhodzic on a four-year deal for a "substantial undisclosed fee".

The 23-year-old Bosnia international ended last season on loan at French club Bordeaux.

He spent three years with Nottingham Forest between January 2016 and 2019.

"It feels amazing to complete this deal, it has been three hectic days, a lot of testing, and I'm glad it is done," he told the club website.

"I don't want to talk about how I will play, I just want to get out there and show everyone.

"Jack Lester [assistant manager] is one of the reasons why I signed. I really liked him at Nottingham Forest, the time we had together was amazing and just what I needed at that time - I am hoping for an even better time here."

Sheffield United have signed Newcastle United centre-back Ciaran Clark on a season-long loan deal.

The 32-year-old, who is in the final year of his contract with the Magpies, has made 114 league appearances for the Premier League side.

However, he was not included in their 25-man squad for the second half of the 2021-22 campaign.

"I'm looking forward to playing regularly, fitting into the style and formation," he told the club website.

"We know the Championship is tough but with a huge togetherness and a big effort by everyone, the squad has the quality to get out of the league.

"I saw how close the club went last season and the aim now is to get promoted."

Sheffield United have signed midfielder James McAtee on a season-long loan from Manchester City.

The 19-year-old has progressed through the Premier League champions' academy and made his first-team debut in last season's Carabao Cup win over Wycombe.

He made his Premier League debut as a substitute against Everton last November and made a total of six first-team appearances.

McAtee has been capped by England at under-18, under-20 and under-21 level.

"James a talented player, someone who is rated very highly at City and throughout football. We are excited to get him," Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom told the club website.

"We know there was a lot of interest in him, we registered ours last year but obviously James wanted to get in the Manchester City squad."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »