Thread Rating:
New Shrimps
Morecambe have signed Celtic midfielder Liam Shaw on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old started his career with Sheffield Wednesday before joining the Scottish Premiership side on a four-year deal last summer.

Shaw played twice for them before ending last season on loan at Motherwell.

He could make his debut for the Shrimps, who are without a win in League One this season, in Saturday's trip to Bristol Rovers.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Southampton have recalled defender Dynel Simeu from Tranmere Rovers, to allow him to join Morecambe on loan until the end of the season.

Simeu, who joined Saints from Chelsea in the summer of 2021, played 17 games for League Two Rovers during the first part of the campaign.

The 20-year-old will step up a league with the Shrimps.

"I'm really looking forward to playing in League One for this football club," Simeu told the club website.

"I've enjoyed two good loan spells in League Two where I learned a lot, and hope to bring this experience into my time here at Morecambe."

Morecambe have signed midfielder Daniel Crowley from Dutch side Willem II on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old came through Aston Villa's academy before moving to Arsenal at the age of 15.

He had loan spells with Barnsley and Oxford before joining Birmingham City in 2019, where he made 45 appearances.

"I've missed English football, having spent the last year out in Holland," he told the club's website.

"There's nothing quite like playing at 3pm on a Saturday, so to be back in English football and playing for Morecambe is something I'm really looking forward to."

Crowley also played in the Netherlands for Go Ahead Eagles while he rejoined Willem II from Cheltenham, who he joined on a free from Blues in October 2021.

Morecambe have signed striker Michael Mellon on loan from Championship side Burnley until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old, son of Tranmere Rovers manager Micky Mellon, signed his first professional contract in February 2022.

A Scotland youth international, he is yet to make a senior club appearance.

"I'm here to do a job and help the manager and the team any way I can. I can come in short, spin in behind and do whatever I can to score goals," he told the club website.

"I've done a couple of seasons with Burnley's under-18's and under-23's, and scored a fair few, so I'll be looking to do the same here at Morecambe between now and the end of the season."

Mellon joins with Morecambe 20th in the League One table but level on points with Cambridge in the drop zone, however Derek Adams' side have won their past three games.

Salford City have signed midfielder Shane McLoughlin on an 18-month deal after he left Morecambe.

McLoughlin, 25, scored twice in his 54 appearances in two years at the Shrimps but has found playing time hard to come by this season.

A central midfielder who can also play on the right, McLoughlin started his career at Ipswich.

"It's been a difficult period," he told Salford's website. "I'm looking forward to getting my season going."

McLoughlin is Salford's third signing of the January transfer window.

Morecambe have signed experienced striker Oumar Niasse, 32, on a contract until the end of the current season.

Niasse, who was at Everton for four years, also played for Huddersfield, Cardiff and Hull before joining Burton.

"We have been trying to bring in a striker," Shrimps manager Derek Adams told the club website. "Oumar is a player with good experience."

Niasse also has three goals from nine full international games for Senegal but has not played for them since 2018.

He was at Goodison Park from 2016-2020, scoring eight goals after the Toffees signed him from Lokomotiv Moscow for £13.5m.

"It's fantastic to be here and to join the club," said Niasse. "I see the challenge that is ahead of us, but it is one I look forward to."

Morecambe sit 21st in the League One table, at the top of the relegation zone with 33 points.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »