Thread Rating:
Arrivals
Peterborough United have signed free agent Ben Thompson on a two-year deal.

Thompson, 26, most recently played for Gillingham after joining the League One club in January until the end of the 2021-22 season.

The midfielder previously made 174 appearances for Millwall between 2014-2022 after coming through the Lions' academy.

Thompson's two-year contract with League One Posh includes the option of an additional year.

"Ben is a player we have admired for a long time," said Peterborough manager Grant McCann.

"He can play as a number eight or as a number 10 and is everything we love from a midfield player. He is aggressive in everything that he does, he plays on the front foot and has a great ability to drive at people with the ball."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Peterborough United have signed Hull City goalkeeper Harvey Cartwright on a season-long loan.

The England Under-20 keeper is reunited with boss Grant McCann, who was in charge of Hull until he was sacked in January following a takeover.

Cartwright, 20, made his English Football League debut in a 1-1 draw at QPR in February.

He kept his place for the following game at home to Barnsley, which ended in a 2-0 defeat.

McCann said: "He is commanding, good at coming for crosses, good in one v one situations and very brave, but most importantly he has great temperament and character."

The move to Peterborough comes after Cartwright signed a new, long-term contract with Hull last month.

"It is the best move for my career at this moment in time and what better way to start than in League One under the gaffer that I worked with at Hull City," he said.

Peterborough United have signed goalkeepers Harvey Cartwright and Lucas Bergstrom on season-long loans from Hull City and Chelsea respectively.

Cartwright, 20, who is an England Under-20 international, worked with Posh boss Grant McCann when the latter was in charge of the Tigers.

Finn Bergstrom, 19, has appeared for the Blues' under-21 side in the Football League Troph

Peterborough United have signed midfielder Hector Kyprianou from Leyton Orient for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old has agreed a three-year deal with Posh, who were relegated from the Championship last season.

Kyprianou made 46 appearances for Orient in 2021-22 as they finished 13th in the League Two table.

"He is a very good physical presence, a ball-winning midfielder and very good on recoveries," manager Grant McCann told the Peterborough website.

"He can play as a 6 or as an 8 and he can also play in a back three if we needed, his versatility is a real plus for us."

Kyprianou joined Orient's academy at the age of 14 and made his English Football League debut in a 1-1 draw with Oldham in December 2019.

He has three caps for Cyprus Under-21s and is the second midfielder to join Peterborough this summer following Gillingham's Ben Thompson.

"Hector getting a move to a top side like Peterborough is another shining endorsement of our academy.

"Peterborough has a track record of buying talented players and helping them grow their game, so it's a great move for Hector," said Orient director of football Martin Ling.

"We now need to reinvest the transfer fee in improving our midfield, which we will do over the course of this transfer window."

Peterborough United have signed Sutton United winger David Ajiboye for undisclosed fees.

Ajiboye, 23, began his career at Brighton and scored eight goals in 50 games for Sutton last season.

Ajiboye helped Sutton reach last season's EFL Trophy final but said: "I felt like this was the right time for the next chapter and I believe this is the perfect place for me.

"There has been a bit of talk about this move for a little while so I am really happy we have got it over the line."

League One side Peterborough United have signed Barnet forward Ephron Mason-Clark for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old played 176 times for the National League club and scored in their opening two games of the season.

He has agreed a three-year deal at the Weston Homes Stadium after impressing Posh in a pre-season friendly.

"He has been our main target for a number of weeks and I am pleased we have been able to make it happen," said manager Grant McCann.

"Ephron is very direct, can play anywhere across the front line, he is physically strong and brave and will add more firepower to our attack."

Mason-Clark, who was in the final year of his Barnet contract, came through the club's academy and made his first-team debut in 2016.

"I have been at Barnet since the age of 10, so a long time, and I have played a lot of games, so I felt it was the right time for the next challenge," he said.

Peterborough United have brought in defender Kelland Watts on loan from Newcastle United until January.

Watts, 22, made 34 appearances on loan last season at Wigan Athletic, helping them to win the League One title.

He spent the season before that also on loan in League One, playing 49 times for Plymouth Argyle.

However, Watts will not feature for Peterborough for three or four weeks because of a knee injury.

Watts has made one substitute appearance in the Premier League for Newcastle and played for the Magpies in the EFL Trophy.

eterborough United have signed keeper Will Norris on loan from Championship leaders Burnley, as well as extending Newcastle United defender Kell Watts' loan until the end of the season.

Former Cambridge United keeper Norris, 29, has made just three appearances since being signed by Sean Dyche for Burnley in August 2020.

Newcastle defender Watts, 23, joined Posh in September.

He has made 11 appearances this season, including starts in the last five.

The pair become the first two signings for Darren Ferguson since his appointment for a fourth spell as manager earlier this week.

He returned on Wednesday in the wake of the sacking of Grant McCann.

"Will has bags of experience," said Ferguson. "That is first and foremost. I just felt that we needed more experience in a vital position. It is no slight on anyone else. It can't be. I have only been here two days.

"Will is a good size, has a massive kick if we need to go long, and has played at this level before. He will bring a calmness, he will bring organisation and be more equipped for what we are going into, the second half of the season, the business end.

Newcastle defender Kell Watts, on loan at Peterborough United
Kell Watts has had loan spells with five different clubs since signing with Newcastle United in 2018
"I know Kell from his time at Wigan Athletic at this level.

"He provides good balance on the left-hand side so I am pleased that we have been able to confirm an extension for him until the end of the season."

Posh, looking for an immediate return to the Championship, are eighth in League One.

They are without a game this week as they were knocked out of the FA Cup at the second round stage at Shrewsbury in November.

Ferguson's first game back in charge - and his 518th in total - is expected to be at Port Vale on Monday, 16 January.

Peterborough United have signed Swansea City full-back Nathanael Ogbeta on loan until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old, who came through the youth ranks at Manchester City, has made just three appearances for the Swans since moving to the Championship club from Shrewsbury in January 2022.

Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson said he had tried to sign Ogbeta when previously boss of Posh.

"I am looking forward to working with him," Ferguson said.

Former England Under-20 international Ogbeta said he was grateful that the League One club again showed interest in him.

"When a club tries to sign you more than once, it does make a difference because you really feel wanted," he told the club website.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »