Thread Rating:
New Vegans
Striker Connor Wickham has left Forest Green Rovers after the end of his short-term contract.

The 29-year-old is the club's top scorer as it stands this season, with nine goals in 20 appearances.

Wickham scored on his debut against Lincoln and also memorably from the halfway line in the FA Cup second round win over South Shields.

The former Crystal Palace and Sunderland forward joined the League One club on 3 August.

Meanwhile, Forest Green have signed goalkeeper Fiachra Pagel from Drogheda United but will loan the 18-year-old back to the League of Ireland Premier Division side until July.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Forest Green Rovers have signed Swansea City forward Jordon Garrick for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old was recalled from a loan spell at Lincoln City to complete the move to the New Lawn.

Garrick, who scored once in 16 appearances for the Imps, has agreed an 18-month deal.

"He's an attacking player who can play anywhere across the front three," head coach Ian Burchnall told the Forest Green website.

"He adds pace and directness into the team. He came really well recommended from those at Swansea and he's had a couple of loans already, so we're pleased to get him in."

Forest Green are bottom of League One, nine places below Lincoln, but are at home to Birmingham City in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.

"The way the head coach wanted to get the move done straight away showed how serious he is about me as a player," said Garrick.

Forest Green Rovers have signed defender Jamie Robson from Lincoln City on a permanent deal.

The 25-year-old has played 47 times for the Imps since joining from Dundee United in August 2021.

Lincoln say they "retain a future interest" in the left-back, who has joined their League One rivals for an undisclosed fee.

Forest Green Rovers have signed goalkeeper Ross Doohan from Tranmere Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old began his career at Celtic but never made a first-team appearance for the Scottish Premiership team.

He joined Tranmere on loan in August 2021 before making the move permanent last summer.

Doohan has made 25 appearances for the League Two team this season, keeping 11 clean sheets.

He becomes the fifth signing of the January transfer window for Forest Green, who are bottom of League One.

Forest Green Rovers have completed the signing of Bolton striker Amadou Bakayoko for an undisclosed fee.

The Sierra Leone international, 27, is Forest Green's sixth signing in the January transfer window.

After helping Coventry to the League One title in 2020, he joined Bolton and scored 16 goals in 57 games.

"I will bring lots of energy and attack any balls that come into the box. I can't wait for the second half of the season," Bakayoko said.

Bakayoko made his league debut with Walsall in 2014 before going on loan to Southport, Telford and Worcester City.

League One strugglers Forest Green Rovers have signed Tyrese Omotoye from Norwich City on a permanent deal.

The 20-year-old forward made four senior appearances for the Canaries and had loan spells with Swindon Town, Leyton Orient and Carlisle United.

Capped at under-16 level by Belgium, he becomes Forest Green's seventh signing of the January transfer window.

Rovers have not disclosed the terms of Omotoye's transfer or length of his contract at the Bolt New Lawn.

Manchester United youngster Charlie Savage has agreed a loan deal with League One strugglers Forest Green Rovers until the end of the season.

Savage made his first-team debut for United in the Champions League last season and went on the club's pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia.

After half a season in the Under-21s, he has opted to join Forest Green from a number of loan inquiries.

The 19-year-old is the son of former Wales international Robbie Savage.

The teenager believes he will benefit from his exposure to senior football.

Having already been capped at Under-21 level, it has been suggested that if he impresses with Forest Green, who are currently bottom of the table, he will come to the attention of Wales boss Rob Page.

Forest Green Rovers have signed midfielders Charlie Savage and Tyler Onyango on loan from Manchester United and Everton for the rest of the season.

Savage, 19, made his first-team debut for United in the Champions League in December 2021 and has been part of their under-21 squad this season.

He is the son of former Wales international Robbie Savage.

"I'm buzzing to be here," Savage told the club website.

"As soon as I found out Forest Green were interested, I just wanted to get down and get started.

"I loved the sound of the club - and I actually came down here last season for work experience under Rob Edwards. I know the people and the place really well."

Onyango, 19, joined Everton's academy aged eight where he worked with new Forest Green head coach Duncan Ferguson.

He has been capped by England at under-17 level and made his debut for the Toffees in January 2021.

Onyango spent the first half of this season on loan at Rovers' League One rivals Burton, where he made 24 appearances.

Forest Green have also confirmed assistant head coach Michael Doyle and first-team coach Ben Turner, both who joined the club this season under former head coach Ian Burchnall, have left their roles.

Forest Green Rovers have signed Reading forward Jahmari Clarke, 19, on a loan deal for the remainder of the season.

Clarke, 19, broke into Reading's first team last season and is known as a strong forward who is good in the air.

He played 12 Championship games for the Biscuitmen last season and also scored six goals in 12 Premier League 2 games.

He has also played for National League side Woking and has scored three times in five appearances for Jamaica Under-20s.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »