Thread Rating:
New Blood
Ipswich Town have signed midfielder Massimo Luongo on a six-month deal after the Australia international's contract with Middlesbrough was cancelled by mutual consent.

The 30-year-old failed to make a first-team appearance for Boro during his four-months at the Riverside.

It will be Luongo's second stint with Ipswich, having featured on loan at Portman Road more than a decade ago.

Meanwhile, Ipswich keeper Joel Coleman, 27, has signed a new six-month deal.

The addition of former QPR, Swindon and Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Luongo bolsters Kieran McKenna's options in central midfield.

"Massimo is an accomplished midfielder with an abundance of experiences in club and international football," he told the club website.

"He is a versatile and intelligent player who strengthens our options for the second half of the season."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

George Hirst
George Hirst made his final appearance for Blackburn against Sunderland on Boxing Day
Ipswich Town have signed Leicester City striker George Hirst on loan for the rest of the season.

Hirst was recalled from a season-long loan at Blackburn, where he only started three games, in order to move to Portman Road.

The 23-year-old son of former England forward David Hirst has made two senior appearances for Leicester.

"I'm here to help and I want to be involved in a promotion push," Hirst told the Ipswich website.

"The team has done well so far this season and I want to keep that going and give us a little bit of a push."

Ipswich are third in the League One table and continued an excellent season by beating Championship side Rotherham United 4-1 on Saturday to reach round four of the FA Cup, in which they will be at home to Burnley.

Hirst is their second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of Australia international Massimo Luongo from Middlesbrough on a six-month contract.

He has also had loan spells at Rotherham and Portsmouth since joining Leicester from Sheffield Wednesday in the summer of 2019.

Ipswich Town have signed Everton forward Nathan Broadhead on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

The League One club have paid an undisclosed fee for the 24-year-old who had been on loan at Wigan, where he scored five goals in 22 appearances.

Broadhead is Town's third signing of the January window, following Massimo Luongo and George Hirst.

"It's clear that Kieran McKenna has the team playing some really good football," he told the Ipswich website.

"Under him the team is going places and I will work hard to help."

Ipswich are third in the table and face a crunch home match against leaders Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

"He's a young, talented player physically and technically. He's very gifted and fits into our playing style very well," said head coach McKenna.

"He's come to a progressive team and a progressive club. We want to play a certain style of football and will give him opportunities to showcase what he can do."

Broadhead made two substitute appearances for Everton's senior side - in a Europa League tie against Apollon Limassol in December 2017 and a Premier League game at Brighton in April 2021.

League Two leaders Leyton Orient have signed midfielder Jordan Lyden on a short-term contract until the end of the season.

The 26-year-old previously played under O's boss Richie Wellens at Swindon Town, and was part of their League Two title-winning squad in 2019-20.

He was a free agent after leaving the Robins last summer, having suffered an Achilles injury in February last year.

Orient have the option to extend Lyden's deal by a further year.

Lyden, who came through Aston Villa's academy before moving to Swindon in 2019, becomes the east London club's third signing of the January transfer window.

"I've worked with him before and he knows how I want my sides to play," Wellens told the club website.

"Jordan is a fantastic character with a point to prove and will be keen to push those in front of him."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »