Thread Rating:
New Deal
Fleetwood Town have loaned goalkeeper Alex Cairns to League Two side Salford City for the remainder of the season.

The 30-year-old has not featured for the League One Cod Army this term, with his only appearance as an emergency loanee for Hartlepool in the FA Cup.

Cairns was a Fleetwood regular last season with 44 appearances and lists Leeds, Rotherham, Chesterfield and Barrow among his old clubs.

It follows Jacob Chapman's return to Huddersfield after a similar loan stay.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Salford City have signed forward Callum Morton from League One side Fleetwood Town on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 22-year-old initially joined the Cod Army on loan from West Bromwich Albion in 2021 before joining permanently during summer 2022.

He made 46 appearances for the club, scoring a total of nine times.

"There are big ambitions at this club and hopefully my ambition and that ambition can match, and we can kick on together," he told the club website.

Aston Villa have loaned winger Louie Barry to League Two side Salford City for the remainder of the season.

The 19-year-old, who was part of Barcelona's academy, scored on his one senior outing for the Premier League club, against Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Barry has previously spent time on loan at Ipswich, Swindon and most recently MK Dons earlier this season, where he scored once in 32 games.

"I feel like coming here will improve me as a player," Barry said.

"I'm a very attacking player, I'm very forward thinking, whenever I get the ball I think forward.

"I'm a goal scorer, that's where I made my name, scoring goals. I like to create, I like to make things happen in the box when I get the ball, I want to drive forward, get players and put them on the back foot."

Barry spent a decade at West Brom before joining Barca's junior ranks, and then returned to England with Villa in January 2020.

Salford City have signed Jamaica international Adrian Mariappa until the end of the season.

The 36-year-old former Watford central defender has been without a club since leaving Burton Albion in January.

Mariappa has a wealth of Premier League experience with Watford, Reading and Crystal Palace but left Vicarage Road at the end of his second spell in 2021.

After leaving Watford, Mariappa had a six-month spell at Bristol City and then joined Australian side Macarthur.

After returning to England in October 2022, he signed a three-month deal with League One side Burton but was released when it expired in January after making 13 appearances.

The deal with Salford comes with Mariappa away on international duty, preparing for the Reggae Boyz's Concacaf Nations League fixture against Mexico on Sunday.

He will link up with Salford next week, with the Ammies' website saying: "The two-time FA Cup finalist brings lots of experience."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »