Thread Rating:
Mowbray's men
Sunderland have signed France Under-20 international midfielder Pierre Ekwah from West Ham United on a "long-term" contract, for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old joined West Ham's under-21 side in July 2021, having been part of the Chelsea academy, but did not make a senior appearance.

Before moving to England, Ekwah spent time at the national Clairefontaine academy and at Nantes.

"He is a player we have been monitoring for some time," boss Tony Mowbray said.

Mowbray patient with Sunderland progress
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Sunderland have signed Lille forward Isaac Lihadji for an undisclosed fee on a two-and-a-half-year contract.

The 20-year-old helped Lille win the Ligue 1 title in 2020-21 and played in the Champions League last season.

"I can see it's a beautiful city with supporters who have a great love for football, so I'm happy to be here," Lihadji told the club website.

"The project attracted me because the club inspire young players to improve their level."

Championship side Sunderland have confirmed the loan signing of Leeds United striker Joe Gelhardt.

The 20-year-old will remain with the Black Cats until the end of the season after making 15 Premier League appearances so far this campaign.

Gelhardt becomes the Wearside club's third signing of the January window after Pierre Ekwah and Isaac Lihadji.

"I know how big the club is and I'm really looking forward to meeting the lads and trying to help," he said.

"I spoke with the head coach and the playing style seemed a perfect fit for me. I've watched Sunderland on the TV this season and seen some positive, attacking football and I can't wait to get involved."

Leeds news and fan views in one place
The England Under-20 international has scored two goals in 41 first-team appearances for Leeds, and joins a Sunderland side who lie in ninth place in the Championship, a point outside the play-offs.

Manager Tony Mowbray told the club website: "It is no secret that Joe had plenty of options on the table this month, so it is a testament to the club and its staff that he felt Sunderland was the best move for him.

"He has made an impact at Premier League level throughout the past 18 months and he is a really exciting signing, who fits our playing style and will complement a forward line that is already packed with talent.

"I'm sure the fans can't wait to see him in action and we are looking forward to supporting his development."

Sunderland have signed Everton defender Joe Anderson for an undisclosed fee on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The 21-year-old never featured for the Toffees' first team but made seven appearances for the under-21s team in the EFL Trophy.

He could make his debut for the Black Cats in Saturday's trip to Millwall.

"Joe fits the profile of player we want to keep adding and we look forward to supporting his development," boss Tony Mowbray told the club website.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »