Thread Rating:
new deal
Leyton Orient have signed Rotherham United centre-back Jamie McCart on loan for the rest of the season.

The 25-year-old Scot has struggled to break into the Championship side since moving from St Johnstone last summer.

He has made just one league start and 10 appearances overall since moving south of the border.

O's head coach Richie Wellens praised McCart as "someone with a brilliant left foot, dominant in the air, and ready to hit the ground running".

"Jamie comes with a winning mentality having won trophies in Scotland, and his experience is something that will be a big boost to the team," Wellens added to the club website.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

League Two leaders Leyton Orient have signed midfielder Jordan Lyden on a short-term contract until the end of the season.

The 26-year-old previously played under O's boss Richie Wellens at Swindon Town, and was part of their League Two title-winning squad in 2019-20.

He was a free agent after leaving the Robins last summer, having suffered an Achilles injury in February last year.

Orient have the option to extend Lyden's deal by a further year.

Lyden, who came through Aston Villa's academy before moving to Swindon in 2019, becomes the east London club's third signing of the January transfer window.

"I've worked with him before and he knows how I want my sides to play," Wellens told the club website.

"Jordan is a fantastic character with a point to prove and will be keen to push those in front of him."

League Two leaders Leyton Orient have signed Bolton Wanderers midfielder Kieran Sadlier on loan until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has scored five goals in 28 appearances in all competitions for League One Wanderers this season.

He becomes Orient's fourth signing of the January transfer window.

"He's a dynamic player who we feel can provide us with that extra edge in attacking situations," O's boss Richie Wellens told the club website.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »