Thread Rating:
Gone from the Kassam
Sam Winnall is one of four players to be released by Oxford United.

Ex-Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley forward Winnall, 31, started just two games and made 18 appearances off the bench this season, scoring once.

Jamie Hanson and youngsters Leon Chambers-Parillon and Michael Elechi have also been released by the U's.

"Sam is another who has struggled to get a run of games but he is someone I have so much time for," said Oxford manager Karl Robinson.

"I have actually learned a lot from working with him; he knows the game inside out and it's just a shame we couldn't make things work for him here," he told the club website.

Oxford have yet to finalise their retained list, but Robinson says talks with other players are continuing.

"I've had meetings with all of the other players and hopefully we have positive news from those meetings soon, and that goes hand in hand with strengthening the squad and making sure we are in a really good place when we come back for pre-season," he said.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Oxford United winger Ryan Williams has left to join Perth Glory in his native Australia for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old has played his entire professional career so far in England since his debut for Portsmouth in 2011 and has one international cap.

Williams first joined Oxford on loan from Fulham for the 2013-14 season before moving to the League One side permanently last summer.

He has agreed a three-year deal with his home town, A-League club.

Williams made 35 appearances for Oxford last season, scoring twice, as the club finished eighth in the table, having previously played for Barnsley and Rotherham, and Gillingham on loan.

"I have loved my time in English football, particularly with Oxford where the gaffer, the players and the fans have been incredible," he told the club website.

"It's a very special football club and that made my decision really difficult, but this is an unbelievable chance for me and my family and I am really looking forward to a new challenge."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »