Thread Rating:
The Owls v Sunderland PO SF 2nd Leg
THE MATCH

MONDAY 9TH MAY KO 7:45 PM

[Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg] v [Image: old-sunlun-badgeerrrr.jpg]

LAST MATCH

You could tell how DM was going with the first leg when Palmer started instead of NML or Hunt, and by playing long ball for 70 mins & although it was a mistake that led to there goal, DM will be delighted with a 1-0 defeat. We defended well until Hutch decided to try to play the ball back to BPF but got it horribly wrong and Stewart poked home form close range after BPF saved his initial effort. Sunderland came out quick the second half and had a number of chances there closest effort hitting the bar. We seemed to change to 442 and had the odd half chance, but when Palmer is your main threat you know your not scoring to score.

THE MATCH

So onto Hillsborough for the 2nd leg. Palmer has to be dropped for NML or Hunt, I might risk Windass from the start instead of Berahino. Hutch wont be dropped, despite his error and the bingo machine. With Alex Neill, expect the Preston tactics that he liked to play against us when there players kept falling down every few minutes and the EFL stooge falling for it. I know we have the best home record but I just cant  see us winning the game. Even if we did we would lose on penalties, just like the Village game 5 years ago Doh

ALL TIME H2H

OWLS 48 WINS
SUNDERLAND 50 WINS
DRAWS 28

CURRENT FORM

OWLS                -                      Angry Big Grin Big Grin Angry Big Grin Big Grin                             

SUND               -                      Big Grin Big Grin  Confused  Big Grin  Confused  Big Grin                     

EFL STOOGES

DOES IT MATTER THERE ALL CORRUPT Thumb up  Thumb up

JAMES LININGTON
Graham Kane and Rob Smith
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson
Reserve AR: Sam Lewis

THE TEAM

Peacock-Farrell
Storey Dean Hutch
NML Byers Bannan Luongo Johnson
Windass Gregory

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

1-1 Gregory

BML STANDINGS

Pei 17
SCO 16
Kev 14
Wereham 13
Maddix 9
Imre 9
Wash 8
SS 5

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Aston Villa v Liverpool
Leeds United v Chelsea
Leicester City v Norwich City
Watford v Everton
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City

AAHAA

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

PEI

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7264048]
[Image: accountants-accounts-accountants-account...22_low.jpg]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]
[Image: rs_600x600-170411105514-634-kate-beckins...quality=90]

[Image: ad8f2d8259d20788a681c021fe7e7dda.jpg]
Imre varadi, Washington, Statesideowl like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
1-1 Bannan

DAAHA

We shouldn't lose at home but I still don't see it happening.
Sunderland looked to have adopted Wycombe's tactics of falling down around the area, especially that little turd Pritchard, just you watch this clown dive in our half.
The officials were poor, or maybe they were doing exactly what they were told, who knows what we'll see at home but despite all the stoogery it was our own undoing that lost the game. We've seen it all season.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
2-1 Windass win on pens
Ddhaa .
I don't believe my prediction but I have to be able to enjoy my Sunday and pretend lol.
What I can see happening like I've mentioned on the last thread is huff and puff and as soon as we get a goal they will get one from nothing and then possibly another 3 when heads drop and the bottle goes !
Alex Niel is way to smart for Bungle so unless our players take no notice of Bungles tactics and take responsibility for a change we are doomed to play another season in this league.
Like owlskev says expect Bungle only to swap Palmer for Hunt and that's yet lot !
Personally I'd play both Hunt and NmL on the right and move storey over to the left where he played before well dropping Palmer and Hutch.
Windass is needed with Gregory or even Patterson because Batth never broke sweat on Friday .
P.s. oops stateside Wink
Statesideowl likes this post
SS turning into Pei
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Busy distracting myself with a rant about the inevitable Laugh
Imre varadi and Owlkev71 like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
3-1 Luongo

AAHHA
Mickey's threw the title away yesterday ..Man city have now overtaken them on GD as well 5 up against Newcastle .

Donuts pull 1 back ..
Wycombe deserve nothing from this so far.
I can only hope we show a similar vein. Corbeanu playing well
If we do get there it is better for us to play Wycombe than mkdons on a bigger pitch ...if we don't make mistakes they will be easy to roll over ..the donuts can play football that's the last thing we need ...remembering the last final against DULL ...Bannan at Wembley against these fools really will be on his game ...but we have to get there first ?
Wycombe players starting to flop about in MK half.

We need to be careful because Sunderland will be flopping in our half. Silly free kicks can't be given away
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »