Thread Rating:
FA Cup 4th round
It goes to show how the Premier League is overrated and all these upsets are like two fingers to the Premier League and its structure. Thumb up
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(24-01-2015, 22:23)spireitematt Wrote: It goes to show how the Premier League is overrated and all these upsets are like two fingers to the Premier League and its structure.  Thumb up

I'm not sure I would go that far!! These type of results have always happenend, but on 99 out of 100 occasions, Chelsea would have seen this game out after being 2-0 up. The point for me is that without the FA Cup we would never see this type of drama, long live the best cup competition in the world!!
(25-01-2015, 00:18)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(24-01-2015, 22:23)spireitematt Wrote: It goes to show how the Premier League is overrated and all these upsets are like two fingers to the Premier League and its structure.  Thumb up

I'm not sure I would go that far!!  These type of results have always happenend, but on 99 out of 100 occasions, Chelsea would have seen this game out after being 2-0 up.  The point for me is that without the FA Cup we would never see this type of drama, long live the best cup competition in the world!!

I know these results have always happened but it is like two fingers to the Premier League. People who support a Football League team don't like the Premier League because its ruining the game and you can't say the Premier League isn't ruining English football because it is everyone can see it. People go on about it being the best league in the World but its not its overrated. The Premier League has all this money but won't share it down the leagues to Grassroots, Germany and Spain do and that's why they have great leagues, players and National teams.

The question is how long will the FA Cup keep going? Because certain teams don't want it as its a distraction from staying in the Premier League or trying to get into Europe. To me the FA Cup is the best trophy in the World and yes I said the World because there is nothing else like it where you get Non-League teams and Football League teams battling it out. In reality a non-league team isn't going to win it but they can dream about it and they can have memories in the town or city which people will talk about forever when so and so knocked out a big team and they make ordinary people become local hero's for a short time.

Money is ruining football, end of!! Premier league, Sky Sports, corporate sponsors, FA, FL etc are all responsible for potentially ruining the game. Also, the clubs in the FL are also to blame, paying silly amounts on wages when compared to their turnover all in the hope of living the dream!!

But then again, most fans of football league sides are a tad jealous of the teams in the prem and all the money they have!!

The FA Cup will remain relevant whilever the winner gets into Europe. The minute that goes is the time the prem teams lose interest. Personally I would like to see a Champions League place up for grabs in the FA Cup rather than the Europa league, but we know thats never going to happen!!!

For me the premier league is a far better spectacle than Spain or Germany!! At the start of the season only Real Madrid or Barca can realistically expect to win the league in Spain(A Madrid will drop off probably next year) and in Germany it is dominated by Bayern!! The premier league can potentially be won by one of approx 6 teams, there are no other top leagues in Europe with that spread of potential winners. That for me makes it more exciting!!
Can't understand why they diss theFA Cup. In years to come a player can boast to his kids about winning the FA Cup or even getting to Wembley.
Nobody will give a shit if you qualified for the Europa League.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(25-01-2015, 00:35)St Charles Owl Wrote: Money is ruining football, end of!!  Premier league, Sky Sports, corporate sponsors, FA, FL etc are all responsible for potentially ruining the game.  Also, the clubs in the FL are also to blame, paying silly amounts on wages when compared to their turnover all in the hope of living the dream!!  

But then again, most fans of football league sides are a tad jealous of the teams in the prem and all the money they have!!

The FA Cup will remain relevant whilever the winner gets into Europe.  The minute that goes is the time the prem teams lose interest.  Personally I would like to see a Champions League place up for grabs in the FA Cup rather than the Europa league, but we know thats never going to happen!!!

For me the premier league is a far better spectacle than Spain or Germany!!  At the start of the season only Real Madrid or Barca can realistically expect to win the league in Spain(A Madrid will drop off probably next year) and in Germany it is dominated by Bayern!!  The premier league can potentially be won by one of approx 6 teams, there are no other top leagues in Europe with that spread of potential winners.  That for me makes it more exciting!!

I find it odd that you say this seeing as you support Sheffield Wednesday. Let me ask you this. Do you find the Premier League more exciting than watching Sheffield Wednesday?

I am not really sure they do diss it like they do the League cup. Chelsea's team today was one they would put out in Europe, let alone the PL!! Sure they do squad rotate a bit more than usual but to be fair when playing lower league teams they should be doing that. After a day like today though, look at the reaction on the WBA board, they are now dreaming of possible going all the way with a few top teams going out, that is the romance of the FA Cup still alive and well in the PL!!

(25-01-2015, 00:57)spireitematt Wrote:
(25-01-2015, 00:35)St Charles Owl Wrote: Money is ruining football, end of!!  Premier league, Sky Sports, corporate sponsors, FA, FL etc are all responsible for potentially ruining the game.  Also, the clubs in the FL are also to blame, paying silly amounts on wages when compared to their turnover all in the hope of living the dream!!  

The FA Cup will remain relevant whilever the winner gets into Europe.  The minute that goes is the time the prem teams lose interest.  Personally I would like to see a Champions League place up for grabs in the FA Cup rather than the Europa league, but we know thats never going to happen!!!

For me the premier league is a far better spectacle than Spain or Germany!!  At the start of the season only Real Madrid or Barca can realistically expect to win the league in Spain(A Madrid will drop off probably next year) and in Germany it is dominated by Bayern!!  The premier league can potentially be won by one of approx 6 teams, there are no other top leagues in Europe with that spread of potential winners.  That for me makes it more exciting!!

I find it odd that you say this seeing as you support Sheffield Wednesday. Let me ask you this. Do you find the Premier League more exciting than watching Sheffield Wednesday?

Shit no!!! I have no vested interest in the PL, but do enjoy watching the games. I have got back into it over the last couple of years since all the games are now live on tv over here, but I only get worked up over Wednesday games!! I want to see Wednesday in the PL again one day, but the money gap is making it more harder, in the meantime I do enjoy watching the football.
That's what I mean the money gap is too big and teams are spending money they don't have to try and get to the Premier League and if they come straight back down that's when they have financial problems and have to sell players to make money and then they might get relegated down to L1 and then they might end up in administration look at Portsmouth they spent money they didn't have to stay in the Premier League and now there in L2. Leeds spent money they didn't have when they were in the Champions League and they've struggled ever since.

We spent too much money trying to stay in the PL even before the big money arrived and it nearly killed us!! Over 50% of teams in the English game have been in admin at some point!! The numbers are horrific!! But as I said, it money that is killing the game, not just the PL.
Televised replays: Man United v Cambridge on Tuesday on BT.
Bolton v Liverpool on BBC on Wednesday.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »