Thread Rating:
Grand National
I watch horse racing on TV and enjoy most races and events. In the main prefer the jumps to flat racing but can watch both.

I've watched the Grand National every year and even went to Aintree back in 2013 and have had a flutter on the National (not every year but most years. I haven't had a bet on the National since 2019).

Yesterday I watched the National and found that a hard watch probably the worst one I've seen and I believe it shouldn't have gone ahead after the protesters tried to disrupt it. The horses will have been anxious and they would sense that something was up.

Personally they need to cut the field from 40 runners and riders to about 25. They need to take down certain fences like The Chair, Open Ditch and maybe Beechers. or lower them and they need to move the time back from 5.15 to 3.45 like it used to be as 5.15 is too late in the day for a run like that. They only moved it to 5.15 so people can get there bets on and because of TV viewing figures.

Do I believe the race has a future? Possibly not if it doesn't make changes to help the welfare and safety of horses in the race.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
It belongs in the same bin as bear baiting and cock fighting.

I hate it.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »