Thread Rating:
Scot Cup: Dundee Utd 0 Celtic 3 - a comfy win and the Hoops' "treble" still on!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/60653774

Celtic generally winning this potentially tricky Scot Cup quarter-final fairly well with goals from McGregor in the 1st half and Giakoumakis early in the second half, another one at the end, to make it a comfortable evening with the fortuitous moments certainly favouring them as well. Never really threatened and no shots on Hart's goal.
Quote:BBC Sport:

Celtic and Rangers will meet in the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup, while city rivals Hearts and Hibernian also go head-to-head at Hampden.

It is the first time the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs have all made it this far together in the history of the tournament.

The ties will be played on the weekend of 16/17 April.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Celtic v Rangers will likely be played on Sunday 17 April at Hampden Park because of probable Rangers Europa League commitments which I hope is a big factor in destroying any chance of them winning this semi-final. Then Hibs derby semi-final prob played on the Saturday at Murrayfield in Edinburgh because of the huge price increase of petrol and diesel used by fans travelling to Glasgow in large numbers - CALL IT THE ECO-FRIENDLY SCOTTISH CUP SEMI-FINAL EH!!
PS: Only joking lol! But IMO that is what really should be happening at this current time! The words, "common sense" come to mind!
Lord Snooty likes this post
And the SFA announcing today the price of an adult match ticket will be £35????? Both Hibs and Hertz united in condemning this price hike at a time when we are entering a cost of living crisis with huge issues regarding affordability. Of course, we could play the semi-final @ Murrayfield, as previously suggested, and reduce the travel cost burden in one fell swoop eh! Rolleyes
So it’s going to be
North Stand & South Stand £35
East Terracing £25

Around 15,000 at 25 I think. Crap kick off time, reckon we'll struggle to sell out, probably shift around 17-18 thousand.
Aye! I forgot about the shit early KO time to suit the Sky Sport tv transmission(?) and the lotsa money attached to that live coverage. What's new eh!?
Don’t think it’s on Sky- BBC and Premiere Sports I think. Nonetheless, poor ko time. Only other option would have been say, 5.30 but no chance that would happen with folk potentially boozing it up all day in Glasgow- not a good idea
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »