Thread Rating:
Town v Smoke-On-Stench II - The Sequel
I thought we were magnificent again .........in the first half.

Why can't we do second halves?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Because Careless thinks we can hang onto a 1 goal lead. I don't know how many we have to blow. On the other hand if we go in behind or level, he goes hell for leather to win.

Post match bantz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bkzyp3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bkzzwl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bl03cn

only extended highlights available on YouTube (sorry)

A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Feels like a defeat, yet again we take the lead playing well and fail to take the points home because we retreat back and camp in our last third of the pitch.

We’ve seen it all before and far too often to say we are just unlucky

Town v Swansea
Town v Coventry

This game was an exact copy of those two games above and I’m not even including the other games we’ve chucked leads away.

I know this won’t be popular but I lay the blame at Carlos’s door with his coaching, it wouldn’t bother me if he got the push tomorrow.
theo_luddite likes this post
I'm with you Wakey, I just can't take to him yet we are up around the playoffs. I don't get why we don't seem to be looking at improving the quality in the squad, we hear budget, but how small is our budget then because there's not many you'd think are eating up the budget.

We never learn, we hear from Carlos that he has to solve it, it's not a plan, yet it always seems to happen, are they not listening, do they not understand or is it actually a tactic that always goes wrong in the sense we sit back to absorb pressure and then counter but end up too deep?

He persists with Scott high, who doesn't really offer anything and really needs a loan out into league one, his confidence isnt there and it's showing. We need to help him, putting him on in random roles and seeing him struggle is going to damage him.

Everyone knows Jordan Rhodes really struggles as a lone striker, yet we continue to operate like that. Yes he's stronger than when he was here last, but he's not a target man, he'll try and press but he can't do it like ward or even Campbell. He needs someone up with him to rat around. Hell we were struggling that much in the second half we should have put sarr on instead of high and put him up top with Rhodes, would probably have offered more overall if we are being fair.

What I find baffling is that, we have manager who is a disciple of a passing manager and at times our passing football is great and energetic, but really, the squad we have is suited to a manager like good old Neil, we have pretty much the players he'd long for. And it's not exactly worrying, but it's concerning in the sense we don't have the right squad for the manager or more the right manager for the squad.
Another day, another door, another high, another low
In Carlos we trust. Whistle

I think the problem last night was that the passing went off and Stoke started reading our intentions. We just couldn't get back into it until they'd equalised.

I was particularly disappointed with Pearson last night. He had an absolute stinker. Won't dwell on that though because he's been great so far this season.

As for the referee. Best one we've had in years. Laugh Big Grin Tongue Rolleyes Whistle Blush
There's no need to worry about us lads re the play-offs, we've lost it big time. Doh
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Sounds like some of your fans made the Meewwaaww lot look like a bunch of choirboys today.

I get the frustration, I don't get the need to behave like a bunch of (putting it politely) numpties. We've a fair share too.

Not the only ground today where the coke heads seem to be taking over from those that used to be let out on day release from the asylums.
A guide to cask ale.

MOM Gavin Ward outstandingly bad performance almost felt sorry for Stoke nly almost mind
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Derby don't give in easily. Cracking end to the game just now.

We'll need to be at least three up at half time on Wednesday.  Whistle
Was somebody at Town reading my thread?

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/foo...n-22923905

Colwill likely out until the middle of next month. Hmm. Have Chelski got another spare kid with confidence to spare at the back we can bring in and bring on for them? No reason we couldn't play 'em both.

Whistle

Oops, jjamez beat me to it. Big Grin
OK this kid is in midfield but he could be that creative midfielder some have been crying out for.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »