Thread Rating:
Hibs v Cove Rangers, Thursday 20 January, KO 7.45pm
Well this is a case of what team will SM field v lesser opponents. He favours expansive footie. Therefore he'll undoubtedly be looking at a hi-press lineup. It was interesting to note Maloney mentioning a perceived problem at Celtic Park re not really doing it in the "final third" of the pitch. My observation of this match was Hibs players passing with no purpose for a good part of the game and the worrying sight of still scorning some vg scoring opps was nothing new TBF. I'm sure Maloney will be emphasising that fact to the players who will start this match - lets try to score a good few goals and at least try to "light up" this cup tie in front of returning Hibs fans. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59975509

So Hibs progress to the 5th round with an unimpressive display v a Cove Rangers team that played well and never gave up. We've won it 1-0 and that's the main thing esp playing without the Boyly goal threat!! HOWEVER, THIS MATCH SADLY DISPLAYED THE AWFUL REFEREEING PROBLEMS THAT WE HAVE BEEN DEBATING FOR MONTHS!! DOIDGE'S FIRST-HALF GOAL PROVED TO BE ONSIDE (NOT EVEN MARGINAL AND PLAYED ONSIDE BY A STRAGGLER!!!!) AND A GOOD GOAL, A GOAL THAT WOULD'VE BEEN A DECENT "COMFORT GOAL" FOR HIBS TO "PUSH ON" AFTER THAT - THE REF, EUAN ANDERSON PLUS ARs, MADE THE 0-0 RESULT AND CLEARLY NOT FIT TO OFFICIATE TOP FLIGHT GAMES (OR ANY SPFL MATCHES???) - THEIR INTERPRETATION OF THE OFFSIDE RULE FLAWED ON A GOOD NUMBER OF OCCASIONS AND ANDERSON'S OVERALL DISPLAY ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!!?? In the final minutes of ET he awarded a free kick to Cove Rangers for a foul by Newell who was booked by this ref. The foul was clearly about ten metres from the centre line inside the CR half. He allowed this FK to be taken about 15 metres into Hibs half?????????????????? What a fundamental error in refereeing, one of many gaffes that were made by this "tosser". Can I get a job as an SFA ref observer????? If I was appointed, some of these ref/AR impostors would not be getting any more matches with a full written explanation and summary of why that decision has been made. I've said it before - bring on VAR asap - not perfect, but at least it will deal with some of the worst gaffes committed by Scot refs/ARs who look like they are employed to deliberately annoy attending footie fans who "fork out good money" to watch Scot footie matches and deserve better than this poor ref set up!!
Getting through is all that matters in cup games. But yeah the reffing was absolutely rotten last night.

Fans moaning really need to give it a rest. We have had 3 very hard games to start with and won 2 of them and got through a tough tie, they need to give it a rest.
As I've posted elsewhere, it was a dire performance, but we did deserve to go through. I'm not usually a ref-basher but last night's performance was even more dire. Maloney has brought in a lot of new faces and is overseeing Boyle go out, so give him a lot of time to get his plans into action.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
I used to think the refs were just incompetent, useless arseholes. Now i'm pretty sure they are just openly cheating.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »