Thread Rating:
Hearts v Hibs Semi Final
Haha, because he’s a right niggly wee bassa and a wee shite in the eyes of opposition teams
HerefordBull likes this post
As promised.............................

Well done to the JTs who overall deserved their victory. I don't know why Robbie changed it at halftime to contain Hibs and look for the quick break, but this time it worked for him......just. This was partly due to Hibs final third decisions , finishing and a world class save by Gordon to put the Porteous header onto the post. However I felt if Hibs had got parity then the JTs would have switched back to their first half tactics and am sure they would have scored again especially after Hibs went down to 10 men. ( and almost 9! ) Hearts had a couple of wide tricky players on the bench and am sure we would have seen them on if it had gone to 2 . 2

Moments that made me feel it wouldn't be Hibs day yet again.....................

James Scott started  ( although to his merit he did put in a shift)

The header off the post that rebounded to Gordon

Newell getting sent off.  ( plenty of fight from Hibs today .......in more ways than 1 ! )

Special mention must go to the 2 strikes for the Hearts goals, especially the second ......well worked and beautifully struck.

I see Maloney is saying it's good to make the Hibs fans happy and that they will continue to be over the next 4 to 5 years whilst his plan comes together....... Whistle  Hope you get that long Shaun. At the end of the day Shaun, no matter how well Hibs played and fought there is only one important stat................2 . 1 win for Hearts who progress to the Cup Final. You now have to pick your squad up for what might be 5 of your own "Cup Finals" to ensure Premier football next season. Hearts progress to the Cup Final and some form of group stage Euro football next season......well done.  Thumb up

.......right, cheerio, back to National League North again............ Wink
Inverurie Jambo likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Very fair summary HB although I don’t necessarily share your view that Hearts just saw this game out. Thought Hibs were the better team generally overall, although they did seem overly keen to ‘stick the boot in’ which ultimately cost them when Newall was rightly sent off. Also, how the hell Campbell never saw red is astonishing imo. Two cracking goals from Hearts ultimately and fittingly win the game although I have to admit the 8 minutes added on were a bit squeaky bum time.
Jammy Tarts right enough! Whistle A game of "ifs" for Hibs - if Porteous' header, touched onto the post by Gordon, had hit the inside of the post and gone in instead of hitting the inside of the post and landing right in front of Gordon, if Melkerson had got a better touch on the ball, if Hibs had a more "heavyweight" player to run at the Hearts defence. I'm sure Hearts probably deserved the win, but at least Hibs didn't roll over this time.

It was the opening of our bowling green this afternoon, so I've only seen snippets of the play, but it seems Hibs were the better team in the second half.
Cabbage is still good for you
We got off to a terrible start, two brilliant quality goals fae the fartz.... It was going to be a big ask recovering from that but we found a way back into the game.

I actually thought we played a fair bit of good football but we just don't have players with the strength and pace to really make that system work for us. Hertz looked stronger and fitter throughout and boyce should have finished us off before half time.

2nd half was actually looking OK until newell sold the jerseys with that stupid tackle. And Gordons save was another key moment, i was so sure that was going in one way or another.

I don't think Maloney is particularly the problem here even though his inexperience is clear to see, we still haven't addressed the major problems the squad has had for years and we have had horrific injury problems. I'd let him have the summer window to see if he can make it work, but i've a feeling he might walk anyway.
ritchiebaby, Inverurie Jambo, HerefordBull like this post
(16-04-2022, 21:53)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Very fair summary HB although I don’t necessarily share your view that Hearts just saw this game out. Thought Hibs were the better team generally overall, although they did seem overly keen to ‘stick the boot in’ which ultimately cost them when Newall was rightly sent off. Also, how the hell Campbell never saw red is astonishing imo. Two cracking goals from Hearts ultimately and fittingly win the game although I have to admit the 8 minutes added on were a bit squeaky bum time.

How Moore didn't get sent off is also "astonishing".

Beaton was incredibly bad again, like he is in most big games. He allowed hertz to continually waste time and dive about the place.

The boy simms looks a decent player like, was impressed with him today.
Think you are right Jim about Maloney. Not all the blame can be put on him and think there is a culture from the owner all the way down at the Club that needs changing.

I too like the look of Simms...................his movement , strength and pace were good, especially first half. Second half, I still think!, tactics changed and Hearts seemed to be looking for the ball over the top for him to latch on to whilst containing Hibernians attacking options and chances........think Gordon only had to deal with only one serious moment..... the Porteous header second half.

Hope the injury to Halkett is not too serious.
"FOREVER UNITED"
(17-04-2022, 11:52)HerefordBull Wrote: Think you are right Jim about Maloney. Not all the blame can be put on him  and think there is a culture from the owner all the way down at the Club that needs changing.

I too like the look of Simms...................his movement , strength and pace were good, especially first half. Second half, I still think!, tactics changed and Hearts seemed to be looking for the ball over the top for him to latch on to whilst containing Hibernians attacking options and chances........think Gordon only had to deal with only one serious moment..... the Porteous header second half.

Hope the injury to Halkett is not too serious.

There definitely is something wrong all the way through the club and there has been for years. Is Maloney going to be a good manager ? I don't know for sure but i certainly think he's trying to play the game the right way.
You're quite right to say something is wrong all the way through the club and to me it dates back to when Rod Petrie backed the players against John Collins and he walked.
I've also been saying for years that signing players on short term contracts does not work, nor does depending in loan players who are only here for a few months.
Would any of us risk a serious injury knowing in a few weeks we would be redundant? I doubt if any of us would.
Hibs have some of the most loyal fans in the country,it's just a pity that we can't get a team with the same loyalty and commitment as the rest of us.
hibeejim21 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »