Thread Rating:
Celtic v Hibs, Mon 17 Jan, KO 7.45pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ma...w-celtic-a

I must say I didn't expect this particular fixture to arise after the revised "winter shutdown". What a surprise as this will be a challenging fixture v a Hoops side that is unbeaten in 17 domestic matches. So what starting lineup will Shaun Maloney bring to Celtic Park? Six new players transferred in to the Hibs 1st team squad, but is it too early for a radical change to the formation? I reckon he may introduce one or two new players. I'd luv to see Hibs winning this match thereby enhancing Maloney's unbeaten run of matches since taking over the manager's role at ER Stadium. However, a draw looks like a more realistic achievement. C'mon Hibs! The rest was welcome. Now lets "do the biz" on the pitch esp v opponents who recently grabbed the Prem Sport Cup from us at Hampden.

GGTT
ritchiebaby likes this post
Ah, well. Still think we would have been beaten anyway, but Kevin Nisbet!!!!
Cabbage is still good for you
(18-01-2022, 01:36)ritchiebaby Wrote: Ah, well. Still think we would have been beaten anyway, but Kevin Nisbet!!!!

Was absolutely criminal ritchie, then they go straight down the park and score.

Still reasonably pleased with what we tried to do, our passing let us down last night but you have to hope that will improve once maloney gets time. You can actually see what he's trying to do and if it works out we are going to be a good side to watch. He's had 3 hard games to start with and a lot of suspensions/injuries to deal with and i think we are doing well.

It was really encouraging to go to celtic park and try and press and keep possession like we did in places....

Celtic have signed another good one in in Hatate, i was very impressed with him.
Yep! Hatate was the MOTM last night, had a vg hi energy performance. Hibs? Played OK, but Celtic wanted to win it more. Nisbet's horrible miss from the side of an open goal was absolutely baffling although one can assume that Carter-Vicker's presence "put him off"!!!? He still had 3-4 metres to target and score an easy goal rather than amazingly hit the far post. Also he didn't have the best of matches anyway, very irritating TBF! Paul Hanlon was IMO our best player and seems to be maturing with age much like a vintage wine. SM used all five subs and my impression was this game turning out to be experimental from the manager's perspective. I didn't fancy this fixture at all as intimated in my OP - proved right.

GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »