Thread Rating:
Tony Blair given a knighthood!? Really debatable!!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sp...hp&pc=U531

Words almost fail me re this latest revelation. However, I'll say there is no defence of this action although, as expected, there will always be someone trying to defend him, this time arguing that every PM should be given his deserved knighthood for doing such a tough job. Blair was sadly knowingly involved with others in initiating an illegal war in Iraq, violating a UN charter in the process, that played a huge part in eventually killing off well over a million people, directly and indirectly, in countries throughout the Middle East plus Afghanistan. He railed against a huge groundswell of public opinion and protest in this country to still "plough on" regardless of the consequences and was exposed to be a con man, a self-righteous liar and a pro-war propagandist. IMO these actions destroyed everything else attached to his premiership. Hence the derogatory description, "phoney Tony", who is still protected by the British state at great cost to the public purse. We can see how it works in this country - wait for a very long time for a good element of fickleness to prevail amongst the population and the politics of the country; then move to award another ill-gotten royal honour, to some controversial and disliked individual, from a RH system that has been hugely damaged even more so than one could've ever imagined a few years ago. Now we have this latest farce to add to this anachronistic system of recognition that is well matched up to the additional scandal of appointing unelected Lords/Tory donors to make up the numbers (well over 700 unelected members!!) in the unelected HOL, an institution that costs a huge fortune, compliments of taxpayers' money.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Another one who, in my opinion, should be ashamed to accept any kind of honour is Chris Whitty. Almost single-handedly, he was responsible for delaying lockdown in March 2020, resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Again a personal opinion, but Gregor Smith should pass his knighthood on to Jason Leitch.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
I think you'll find Jason Leitch has Scotindy leanings and therefore will never be given such an honour by the British state, the same as any other defined "separatist" who they will not recognise because they don't like them. It kinda exposes the whole rotten system that is sadly used politically with impunity.

Also note the expected public petition to quash Blair's knighthood and good to see many people do care re such a crass and outrageous move by this Brit govt:-
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pe...hp&pc=U531
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »