Thread Rating:
The Nations League: Scotland v Ukraine, Wed 21 Sept
Well this is a match at Hampden with KO preceded by a min's applause for the late Queen. That'll be interesting! Tierney and Patterson "return to the fold" and might make a difference to Scotland's performance v them this time. Hanley out injured. Therefore the CB position will be changed. Probably McKenna coming in. Ukraine are top of the group by 1 pt. So a win must be the target to leapfrog above them plus the motivation to win after that massively disappointing World Cup elimination on "our own patch"!! Must do better, must perform. Again, our striking options are limited. Hopefully someone will "step up to the plate" to score the requisite goals v a team that looks on paper like they are better than Scotland. We need to prove that perception wrong. C'mon Scotland!
Another minutes applause under the microscope from the perennially offended.
McTominay chosen in the right CB position in "three at the back" - concerning as it disnae work!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62897957

FT 3-0 and one of the best Scotland performances seen for a long time - it all "clicked together" with some vg individual performances tonight. It's a pity that we are not going to Qatar based on this showing! How ironic! I thought we were gonna do the usual and continue to be profligate in front of the Ukraine goal. Not so tonight! McGinn playing a talismanic role as captain and scoring the crucial first goal and Dykesy exposing their aerial frailties with two vg headers to seal a well deserved victory. Scotland now top the group and we move on to play ROI at Hampden Park. All to play for now and I like what I'm seeing! Well done Scotland!
ritchiebaby likes this post
Great win, Great performance.

If i was Clarke i wouldn't change that team if at all possible... Even if Andy Robertson returns. The team looked far more balanced.

Hickey in particular had a great game after his nightmare last time out. McGregor and Mcginn did very well in the "engine room" again. 2 great headers too from donkey dykes.

What more can you ask for ?
0762 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »