Thread Rating:
Premier Sport cup final: Hibs v Celtic, Sun 19 Dec, KO 3.00pm
So another cup final looming ever closer and it is turnig out to be a strange confrontation in the facts we have one team misfiring on the "goals front" and the opposing team riddled with injuries to key players - Kyogo, Jota, Forrest and Ajeti all out and Johnston a big doubt. On that basis, Hibs have a reasonable chance of winning this final. However, they must "keep a close eye on" Tom Rogic who has had an impressive season so far and will pose a threat to Hibs goal. I'd personally consider a man-marking tactic on him for this particular game. Hibs strategy? Well it's a one-off match that we wanna win. Therefore, we wanna see a hi-press lineup with a decent defensive line to back it up. I can see this final culminating in a pk decider after extra time unless certain Hibs players "find their scoring boots" and make it a game to remember - grab a victory v a weakened side! C'mon Hibs, I'm not travelling to Hampden for fun!!!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Hibs, Hampden and fun are not words you normally see in the same sentence! Big Grin

Will be there on Saturday as well, as helping "Block 7" to put out the Tifo display for the Final........fun? Wink

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Just mind your face mask and gloves to wear Newhaven! Time to also be ultra cautious as Covid infection figures starting to sadly "sky rocket" AGAIN!! Thumb down
HerefordBull likes this post
Going by last night we should be in with a shout. Celtic struggled without a genuine forward and still give away cheap goals from set pieces.
Rogic is the only genuine creative player they have fit and once again he came to their rescue.

Really important we start off on the front foot like when we bitch slapped Sevco around Hampden a few weeks ago.
0762 likes this post
Games going ahead according to Sky Sports News, think it's a good time to play Celtic with all the injury problems, would play Stevenson over Doig at the back, Remember your vaccine passports and might be worthwhile turning up earlier as the process of checking everyone's passport on entry against Rangers took some time. Stay safe.
HerefordBull, hibeejim21, 0762 like this post
Looks like Maloney will be announced on Monday - 3 and a half year deal being mooted.
BouncingHibees likes this post
Not seen any of the match yet, but it seems like Hibs were caught by a sucker punch immediately after they scored - the worst possible time to lose a goal, with any momentum gained ripped away within a minute. Hibs maybe beaten by an extremely talented out-and-out striker?
Cabbage is still good for you
It was terribly disappointing, I didn't think we played well until it was too late and i didn't think celtic were that great for all their possession.

We set out to contain them in the first half, but we were really poor when we had the ball. Got ourselves in front from a set piece predictably enough, but then immediately lost the equaliser. I thought at first Kyogo was offside, but the replays on TV show Porto played him on....I didnt think Macey looked clever there either.

Thought we improved as the 2nd half went on and probably should have gone for it earlier, but they defended boyle well, and Murphy was anonymous (he is too slow to be a winger in my view). Their second was a disaster for us defensively - i reckon we got caught cold thinking a sub was coming on. Kyogo's finish was pretty good though, and he really was the difference on the day.

We missed a golden chance to take it to extra time when Nisbet hit the post, and we started to cause them problems late on by going long. Something we should have done earlier because Starfelt clearly was all over the shop. We were also denied a penalty in the build up to that chance with a clear shove in the back.

I still think we made a mistake not letting Jack take the team for the final but it's done now and we have to move on. First thing Maloney has to address in January is the terrible recruitment we have put up with for too long, we need to bring in 3 players at least to freshen it up. Hopefully players who can hold on to a ball and have a footballing brain.

Well done to everyone involved in the pre-match display - excellent stuff.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Agreed re Hibs dumping Jack before that cup final - very debatable re timing etc. Also why didn't Hibs officials not appoint Maloney before the final anyway???? I'm guessing they feared the possibility of a negative start to his management tenure at ER Stadium or he didn't wanna take it on until after the final.
I notice Paul McGinn being called up in front of the SFA ref disciplinary panel for his scathing post-match comments re John Beaton and his shit decision-making. He's not the only Hibs player who is seething re Beaton and his last two shit ref performances v Rangers and then this one v Celtic. I watched two typical dodgy Beaton decisions from the south stand: one in the 1st half and one in the 2nd half near the SW corner flag. The 1st one was a clear bye kick to Hibs when McGinn ushered the ball out and over the Hibs bye line - Beaton bizarrely awarded a corner kick to Celtic, McGinn clearly furious!! In the second half incident Taylor cleared the ball, but too late as we could see it had crossed Celtic's bye line - Beaton clearly desperate not to award the CK and just gave Hibs a throw in amid complaints from Hibs players close to Taylor. The blatantly biased nature of the decision was astounding!! Thumb down I'd luv to see McGinn telling the "beaks" to, "STOP GIVING CUP FINALS TO INCOMPETENT REFEREES WITH NO DECENT CURRENT RECORD OF OFFICIATING MATCHES TO THE REQUIRED STANDARD - GIVE IT TO AN ON FORM REFEREE, GOOD PERFORMANCES SURELY A PRE-REQUISITE"!!!?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »