Thread Rating:
Hibs v Dundee FC, Tues 14 December, KO 7.45pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/pr...-vs-dundee
Well this fixture has become a massive game where I'd say it is now a "must win" fixture in which Hibs must win it and propel themselves right behind the sixth placed Dons v a Dundee side that has suddenly hit a "barren spell": lost their last two league matches, but IMO still playing reasonably well and competing with enthusiasm. My main concern is how many Hibs players decide to "save themselves" for an upcoming Premier Sports cup final - highly unprofessional and dishonest when one bears in mind our league predicament, but I've "read this book" before re Hibs players doing this and seen it practised in the same way at other Scot footie clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers. IMO unacceptable, the wrong approach to take and the impetus of a proper accountable footie club is to seriously try to win footie matches and try to continue "in that vein" i.e. keep up the momentum. None of this shit allowed re the avoidance of injury or conserving energy!!! Thumb down I pray this unacceptable behaviour does not materialise and Hibs pick up a valuable 3 pts that could well play a part in Hibs season being "turned around" v a team that Hibs can beat and do it with a lot to spare. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Just back from a deserved 1-0 win for Hibs in a match that didn't have too many scoring opps and the most bizarre winning OG that was a cracking header by McMullen right in the top corner of his own goal. Hibs in control of the game in the 1st half with with over 70% possession (?) and leading 1-0 at HT. I'd say Dundee had one good opp to score in the 2nd half, but not converted. Then Murphy on for the injured Kevin Nisbet and should've scored with a really good set up, but didn't Thumb down - you don't need to touch the ball son, just "sweep it home" on the run, goalie nae chance!! Nuts! Hibs generally managed this match very well, but we have incurred injuries to Cadden (groin pull?) and Nisbet (ankle). I don't think Cadden will make the final. Nisbet will possibly recover - a good thing or bad depending on how one views his poor scoring efforts and contribution? Anyway, the most important factor tonight was picking up those 3 pts and "closing the gap" on the Dons' sixth place position. Lastly, I must say some of the ref decisions tonight were baffling and that opinion also applies to Dundee FC being hard done by on a number of occasions by a really pernickety referee named Duncan. Dundee's Paul Sweeney ordered off in the dying secs of this match and I must say common sense required esp with secs remaining and it involved a "nothing incident" anyway - a quick "word in his ear" like there are a few secs remaining son - chill!! Another numpty of a Scot ref who is not good enough to ref at this level TBF!! Next stop Hampden Park.

GGTTH
Aye, 0762, a poor game only brightened by the cracking own goal! Wink

As usual we don't do much in the final third despite all the possession and last night thought both teams were poor in this regard. I only remember a couple of saves by either keeper.............certainly be different on Sunday.............towards the Hibs goal anyway! Doh

As you say the three points were the most important thing.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
To be quite honest, it might not be too bad if Nisbet misses the Final. As usual, Hibs on top but cannot score to finish the game off. As said, 3 points are the most important outcome.
Cabbage is still good for you
That was one of the best own goals i think i've seen Laugh Just as well because our finishing is pretty awful at the moment.

We are in Limbo at the moment, hopefully that will end with the announcement of a new manager and a new direction.
(15-12-2021, 13:17)ritchiebaby Wrote: To be quite honest, it might not be too bad if Nisbet misses the Final. As usual, Hibs on top but cannot score to finish the game off. As said, 3 points are the most important outcome.

I must say I'd consider fielding Gullan - even though he is unlikely to score, neither will Nisbet. It's ultimately down to a positive contribution to the team plus enthusiasm to deliver a top performance.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »