Thread Rating:
Current Hibs transfer activity - Chris Mueller signed up!
There's no doubt that Scott Allan is a "luxury" player, but I'd be inclined to keep him as a playmaker. But I fully understand why most would want him gone.
Cabbage is still good for you
(25-01-2022, 00:53)ritchiebaby Wrote: We've signed ex-Hearts' player Demetri Mitchell from Blackpool on a two and a half year contract. No doubt IJ will tell us about all his faults, but we can turn him into a real footballer.

Mitchell was a decent player for Hearts in his first loan spell, pacey but final ball often let him down. Initial thoughts were , WOW, he looks the part and indeed, did at times, just not often enough for me. Second spell was mostly ruined by injury and he returned to parent club. Injuries appear to be an issue imo. Good luck to the fella
ritchiebaby likes this post
Hallberg transferred to Saint Johnstone on 18 month deal.
Apparently put in a bid for Cook at Ross County with Gogic part of the deal
Just watching him score ross co's 2nd v sevco Laugh   - looks like just the kind of player we need.
(29-01-2022, 02:53)BouncingHibees Wrote: Apparently put in a bid for Cook at Ross County with Gogic part of the deal

Worth a punt IMO!! Who else is there in the Scot Prem with that potential? Possibly Ronan at St Mirren or return to have another look at McCarthy?
One thing for sure, SM is not going to be able to fix everything in one window.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Yep!! Today's shit result v Livy confirms that and not a great surprise esp without Hanlon or Bushiri in the CB positions and relying on Porteous who hasn't played for weeks!! We are effectively playing experimental 1st teams IMO!! Anyway, it looks like Hibs are poised to sign the Norwegian winger, Runar Hauge from Bodo/Glimt. Another young player who has great potential to excel and a player to add to a 1st team squad from which Maloney is gonna have to find and develop some kinda accountable Hibs team. I previously commented Hibs season is "done"! That opinion hasn't changed one jot due to the striking failure and the critical loss of Boyly's skills up front.
The fact is that we are a mid-table team and Maloney needs to be given time to change both the team and the attitude. As 0762 rightly says, we may as well write off this season now and, if need be, experiment to see which partnerships work best.
Cabbage is still good for you
(29-01-2022, 16:40)0762 Wrote:
(29-01-2022, 02:53)BouncingHibees Wrote: Apparently put in a bid for Cook at Ross County with Gogic part of the deal

Worth a punt IMO!! Who else is there in the Scot Prem with that potential? Possibly Ronan at St Mirren or return to have another look at McCarthy?

He's about the same age as Cook and i thought Alan Forrest looked very good for Livingston today. I wouldn't be against signing him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »