Thread Rating:
Dundee v Hibs, Tues 10 May, KO 7.45pm
It looks like quite a few Hibs players won't play in this match due to injuries picked up v the Dons at the weekend. Paul Hanlon is one of them and been playing with a painful injury for weeks and requiring a knee op at the end of the season. It's the story of our season I'm afraid!! Rolleyes
I guess SDG and fast Eddie will just have to improvise with the players they have left and come up with an accountable first team lineup.

GGTTH
Another chastening defeat for Hibs last night. Little backbone to be seen as we seemed to give up mentally after going behind in the second-half. Three different management teams have had the same experience this season, so there's more going on behind the scenes than we know about. It might even need total re-organisation, starting at the top.
Cabbage is still good for you
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/dundee-3-hibs-1
What particularly irritates me re Hibs at the moment is the way they've "gone about their business" as though everything is hunky dory!! Thumb down Weeks ago I demanded an apology to all Hibs fans and particularly ST holders who paid money "up front" to support the club and totally let down by people within the club!! That formal apology has still not been issued!!! We would've been relegated if these ####s had moved on Boyly well before January!! That's the extent of the prob that was evident last summer, highlighted by many Hibs fans during that time and no solid mitigating action taken by the club. I didn't say too much at the time, but I was personally concerned when Leeann was removed from her CEO position during the pandemic "lockdown" period, the reason given by HFC at the time was it was part of a cost-cutting process which was understandable. However, it was still concerning all the same because Leeann had a strong affiliation to the club and had vg knowledge re the way it was being run properly. I perceive staff morale to be rock bottom and am totally unsurprised by last night's result on top of the injury probs that were highlighted by David Gray. Why even mention this problem before a game like this one and tell our opponents that the team is weakened?????? Just keep that info inhouse until later!!! That revelation just tells me how serious this fixture meant to Hibs and the sooner the season ends, the better. One warning before I sign off - Hibs had better be ultra wary preceding next season because they could be relegated if they get things badly wrong in the summer. On the flip side of this debate, they could greatly improve if "they play their cards right" and organise a massive recovery in Hibs footie ops leading up to season 2022-23. The transfers in and out of Hibs will be very interesting and will give us a clearer picture re the direction our club is being manoeuvred and the ability of this current board/Ron Gordon to actually deal with this crisis properly.
The squad needs completely overhauled, way too many "boy band" types with questionable attitudes to quote a previous manager, and we need to get someone in with vision that the board are going to back 100%.

Unless we are going to do that and give the guy time to get it done we are on to plums.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »