Thread Rating:
Livingston v Hibs, Wed 8 December, KO 7.45pm
Well this is another match on a shit artificial pitch that I'm not looking forward to TBH! I'd ban these pitches if I had my way and I'm not the only person to take this extreme view re footie pitches that affect the way that players play and certain players actually playing/moving tentatively to avoid injury. Anyway, it is what it is and hopefully Hibs/JR can select a side that can adapt reasonably well to play on this pitch. Livingston played today and apparently played reasonably well albeit losing to one of very few shots on their goal. I'll take a win, any win, to lift the team and Hibs fans. Anything above that, a good performance on this pitch, will be a bonus. Fingers crossed we avoid any bad injuries. C'mon Hibs! "Show up" and test out "tired legs" - hi-press and try to win this match!

GGTTH
Fair comments about the pitch, 0762, but I'd be more worried about our attitude than their pitch. Turning quickly on an artificial pitch is not the most comfortable move for a defender, so let's run at them with speed or balls over the top to run onto. I'm sure they will be trying to do the same to us. Slick, accurate passing will be key.

Last season we got 4 points out of 6 at Almondvale, so more of the same please.

GGTTH
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Well what can you say about that? ........................

Played really well for 15 minutes but couldn't finish and then caught by the sucker goal. Penalty given immediately, which I think was fortunate but justice done when Boyle skied it over the bar. We had a better shout for a pen when Campbell was clattered from behind in the penalty area. After their goal we continued to huff and puff but still created openings but couldn't finish. Allan and Nisbet in particular had great chances. Doh

Down to 9 men by the end but still Nisbet had a great chance with the final kick but missed the target.  However by that time Livi had a few chances of their own by catching us on the break.

Don' t know if Porteous will be back Saturday, if not it should be an interesting back line! Huh
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
From me after the Aberdeen match - "On this form we are a powder-puff side that will do well to keep out of the relegation zone - only 8 points above 2nd-bottom Dundee."

From jim after the Celtic match - "He really has to get a grip over the next few games or we could go into freefall. It's all getting a bit butcher-esque."

No real change since October, other than we're now 8 points above rock-bottom Ross County (and now 20 points off the top, IJ).
No more needs to be said, other than "Taxi for Jack".
I think we have to give him to the cup final to try and turn our season around. I don't see the point in sacking him with that coming up. But it does have the feel of what happened with him at sunderland, treading water for weeks while the players had chucked it.

Livingston just outworked us tonight, and despite having a manager that looks like a car park attendant he was at least trying to push his players on from the sidelines. Ross looked and sounded afterwards like a guy who had just his fill. But WTF was he doing ? Scott Allan out wide ??

But Jeezo our league form is now really worrying. Too many players just cannae be relied on, its not all down to Jack.
Upcoming matches v Livy and Dundee - one away from home and the other at home. Both potentially winnable IF THE PLAYERS START PERFORMING AND THIS MANAGER CAN MOTIVATE THEM AND EMPHASISE THE SEVERE GRAVITY OF THIS SITUATION!! Lotsa Hibs fans wanted his removal tonight btw!! This rotten run of shit league results has really pissed off a lotta fans and one could detect the angst re this situ tonight. Plus certain Hibs players made their own probs tonight. Boyly could've lifted the team after that very soft pk award given to Hibs - it was really important to convert and he didn't do it!! Thumb down Also Nisbet turning out to be a really irritating front man with some wrong decisions that he makes, same goes for Boyle re poor decision-making. And the two red cards tonight?? That just compounded the disappointment of losing to this lot as expected!!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
jim, you might be right about the upcoming final, but it looks and sounds like the players have chucked it and so has Jack Ross. To me, anything would be better than that scenario, even an interim manager the week before a cup final. That's how desperate I feel the situation has become.
I agree it's pretty desperate getting now.

1 week - 3 massive games coming up. I think the board will give Jack those games before pushing the button.
Users please note........please respect other users on the board whether you agree with them or not. Banter is allowed but personal slurs are not.

I think he will get to the derby game myself. Get gubbed in that and that will be him done.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
(09-12-2021, 11:01)newhavenhibby Wrote: Users please note........please respect other users on the board whether you agree with them or not. Banter is allowed but personal slurs are not.

I think he will get to the derby game myself. Get gubbed in that and that will be him done.

GGTTH

I apologise for being out of order
HerefordBull likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »