Thread Rating:
Celtic 1 Hearts 0 - the Hoops still "hanging in there" behind RFC!
Getting the 3 pts more important for Celtic than the performance tonight. Celtic doggedly holding on to their one goal lead all the same and 4 pts closer to Rangers again. This was a keenly contested match with Celtic again having enough scoring opps to win it handsomely. But no surprise that the opposition goalie, Gordon, pulling off some excellent saves to maintain his side's interest in the match until the end. Celtic still deserved winners, Kyogo delivering the killer goal that looked marginally offside, although the Hoops incurring a number of injuries tonight - Jota, Ralston and Welsh all replaced due to what looks like muscle probs, a big worry for the manager TBF! Much for Ange to ponder before the next fixture on Sunday.
Decent summation , however, If you’re marginally offside, then your bloody offside. Not at the races first half but decent second half performance and should have notched a couple of goals with chances created, namely Kingsley’s header from the corner. Anyway, onto Livingston on Saturday- sleep tight Mr Madden
I was certain he was off during the game, but having seen other angles i reckon its like Berra said in that it was "too close to call". He looks just behind Ralston when he crosses it.

Madden was as dreadful as ever though. He made some shocking calls.

Hearts made some changes 2nd half and played quite well after, its stretching it for robbie to say they were on top though, first half sellick should have been out of sight  Laugh
(03-12-2021, 09:57)hibeejim21 Wrote: I was certain he was off during the game, but having seen other angles i reckon its like Berra said in that it was "too close to call". He looks just behind Ralston when he crosses it.

Hearts made some changes 2nd half and played quite well after, its stretching it for robbie to say they were on top though, first half sellick should have been out of sight   Laugh

Should’ve been doesn’t count Jim- goals scored do count though and the one they got proved to be the “dodgy” winner in this case.
I think Neilson was referring to the point that he thought Hearts were on top in the second half, don’t have stats but they certainly created several decent chances
(03-12-2021, 09:57)hibeejim21 Wrote: I was certain he was off during the game, but having seen other angles i reckon its like Berra said in that it was "too close to call". He looks just behind Ralston when he crosses it.

Hearts made some changes 2nd half and played quite well after, its stretching it for robbie to say they were on top though, first half sellick should have been out of sight   Laugh

It was a close call re that goal. Sure, an element of luck involved, but it was still a vg goal, well worked from Celtic's right flank and Kyogo's movement off the CBs was top class with a deadly strike past Gordon. In the overall context of this match, it was a deserved win. Note in Hertz last two visits to Celtic Park, IMO Craig Gordon's contribution has been immense. Otherwise they could well have lost upwards of about 10-12 goals in both these matches. Also note Hertz have never won at Celtic Park in over 14 years and one can see why when scrutinising the events of their past two visits where Celtic's % possession of the ball was massive. As for Madden, he was indeed shocking and he conveniently ignored some really glaring fouls as well as conveniently not applying the "advantage rule" properly and to Celtic's potential benefit. Anybody surprised? No!
Close call you say, it was f—-ing offside- seemples. No element of luck involved, hence not a deserved win imho. I ask you, what is Craig Gordon paid to do in his job of work, save the bloody ball, which on most occasions he does quite admirably . So Hearts were shite, yet Madden was indeed shocking , conveniently ignored glaring fouls as well as not applying the “advantage rule” properly to Celtics potential benefit.
Words fail me, you are so bigoted against anything Hearts it’s xxxx sad tbh.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »