Thread Rating:
Hibs v Motherwell, Sat 4 December, KO 3.00pm
Tony Watt was causing us problems, i wasn't surprised to see him eventually score. Annoyed that we played well in the 2nd half and didn't get the 3 points.
Doidge looks miles off it when he came on, we are much too slow and need more pace in the middle.

Motherwell started the game well, but it was a great ball from campbell and a good finish from nisbet. Both goals were sorta against the run of play it felt.

Whats with the crowd ? as ritchie says it didn't feel like a home game. We need players in january and he's right again, we could do worse than Mugabi who was their best defender by miles.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Doidgy needs more game time, much the same as Scott Allan. Not easy to provide it btw as Allan discovered last season and eventually going to ICT to finally get the game time he needed. Re Hibs crowd these days, I found the majority very disappointing v Rangers at ER Stadium esp when prompted by the vocal crowd in the south section of the East Stand - very subdued, worse v Motherwell! And I think Hibs have to redress this problem somehow. Initially an OP to get an opinion from a broad spectrum of fans who either join in or can't be ersed!!? I've previously maintained that Hibs away support is vastly different to this muffled group of fans who frequently attend matches at ER Stadium - no togetherness about the crowd that watches these Hibs games. The recent semi-final v Rangers confirmed that assertion re Hibs away support again - great vocal backing for most of the match! Of course, one difference in that game was Hibs put in a performance, a commitment, in a victory that has not been witnessed enough at ER Stadium in quite a while - not the only factor, but certainly relevant to this problem of "stirring up" the passion of a crowd that hasn't seen many victories or uplifting team displays at home.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »