Thread Rating:
FOH November
Upwards of £144000.00 is latest donation from supporters. Pretty damn good considering Xmas is looming.
Hats off??????
HerefordBull likes this post
Doffed in recognition, but is it good money after bad? Whistle
Cabbage is still good for you
I've said before I think the fans have been great in supporting their club after the Vlad disaster. Add on the hurt and injustice by your relegation / demotion in 2020 and the fact the team are doing well then interest will remain high so this figure is not unexpected. The big test will come when the club, through no outside influences, are not doing so well or there is disillusionment over the way the club is managed / run etc. A few Hearts fans I know, stopped paying in when the Levein / Budge debates were raging.

If this did happen big time and for some reason your main benefactor dropped out, based on the latest accounts, Hearts would certainly have to tighten their belts to get back onto a solid business footing. Hoping this doesn't happen as I am a great supporter of fan owned clubs and do the same for Hereford FC although there set up is obviously not the same as FOH. However we have seen there that income from this sort remained steady and increased whilst we were doing well and climbing back through the Leagues but has started to drop off now we are in the National League North and struggling to do well and are toying with relegation.

I don't think it matters where the money comes from ( solid business or benefactors ) as long as it is sustainable.

Well done again to all at FOH .
"FOREVER UNITED"
Whilst what we have seen in germany shows that fan ownership is desirable and can really work effectively, but those clubs all tend to own their own grounds lock stock and barrel. From what i understand Hearts stadium costs are pretty huge.

I'm not sure fan ownership is really the way forward for a club of their size at the moment.
Good point Jim as to what point fan ownership cannot take a sizeable club forward. I only have experience at Exeter and Hereford where it works well and without it, then the club wouldn't have survived.
hibeejim21 likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
(01-12-2021, 13:44)hibeejim21 Wrote: Whilst what we have seen in germany shows that fan ownership is desirable and can really work effectively, but those clubs all tend to own their own grounds lock stock and barrel. From what i understand Hearts stadium costs are pretty huge.

I'm not sure fan ownership is really the way forward for a club of their size at the moment.

Hearts own Tynecastle Jim, lock stock and barrel?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »