Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, 1 December, KO 7.45pm
Don't think we expected anything different Jim  Doh  Think the best for me was Boyle skipping past their fullback in the first half who then falls over.......so he gave a foul against Boyle! Laugh Angry
"FOREVER UNITED"
Porteous has cost us in these games way too often. His daftness nearly let the huns back into it at hampden as well.

He was done last night by Kent IMO, the reaction to the contact was laughable Laugh
(02-12-2021, 12:15)hibeejim21 Wrote: It's not even the penalty, even though that decided the game. It's the general way beaton treated both teams across the 90 mins. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

Here's a common rant re Beaton from many Hibs fans in the east stand - "What's this ref doing now"? That sums up his whole contribution to this match. I must say that Porty could be criticised for being negligent v a known "diver" named Kent, but he didn't deliberately trip the lad and it was a "dive". A lotta folk on footie progs like Sky Sport, MOTD and Sportscene seem to be getting more n more obsessed with a player "touching" or "making contact" with another player in a pen box rather than focusing on the felled player actually "looking for a pk decision" i.e. simulation. And the offending player having no deliberation to bring down any player in the pen box anyway.
On a separate issue, that gross misconduct by Rangers fans using flares, preceding the KO last night, was an absolute disgrace - one of the worst I've witnessed for a long time. The scale of this offence was jawdropping re the fairly high number of these morons who were brandishing these flares. I expect the SFA to take action in much the same way as UEFA apply strict sanctions against this dangerous practise in the confines of a footie stadium. It's the brazen, impudent way that these people, wearing Rangers colours, are doing this and appear to be "getting away with it". Sanctions and try to ID all offenders using video footage please!! Then subsequent bans are in order. The threat to public safety was absolutely clear last night as one could observe molten ash dropping down from these flares to people located in the lower stand - absolutely outrageous behaviour that must be dealt with accordingly. I also noticed a policeman hurt and being ushered away after some unsavoury event during the last quarter of this game. There is some real low-life scum following this lot and I'm not referring to just a few people!!
HerefordBull likes this post
Hibs also should have had more steward / Police control at the turnstiles as by the number standing in an overpacked end and reports of 2 people squeezing through the turnstile on one ticket.  Along with the flares  there are plenty of Health and Safety violations that could be looked at from last night. Unfortunately, like all things Sevco the blind eye of the authorities will look at it. Thumb down
"FOREVER UNITED"
Absolutely right! The misuse of flares is not a new problem and the probs with the fans of this particular footie club are current and well documented. Intense stewarding and Police control was a natural ploy to undertake. Why wasn't it done? Do we need a major incident to finally "focus minds" after innocent bystanders are badly hurt??? The reticence from the accountable footie authority is also astonishing when one compares it with UEFA practise. And UEFA is by no means a perfect footie authority either, but still well advanced compared with the "dinosaur mentality" that is still evident in many aspects of the sport in Scotland.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Kent went down like he'd been shot ffs. When even Kris Boyd is describing it as soft you know it wasn't really a pk.

Beaton is like Madden in that he doesn't hide who he supports, he's been pictured on social media drinking and hanging out with sevco fans in a pub in bellshill several times now.
Note Madden officiating at Celtic Park tonight. His first outing at the ground since being "slammed" by Bankier at the Hoops' recent AGM. I'm curious to see if he tries to influence this match result in some way esp bearing in mind Rangers gap of 7 pts preceding the start of tonight's game. By gum, the whole refereeing system is so f##### rotten and Bankier never really touched on the full extent of what is going on in Scot Prem matches, not just those involving Celtic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »