Thread Rating:
St Johnstone v Hibs, Sat 27 November, KO 3.00pm
Well the pressure is increasing on Hibs to attain a positive league result after a hugely disappointing defeat v a bottom of the league side that really should've been dispatched by Hibs last night. Looks like Hibs will be without Boyly, our only goal scorer in recent times (are you listening Kevin Nisbet?????) although I'd say an appeal must be on the cards to challenge a vindictive referee who was not on my current list of dodgy Scottish refs of which there are already too many to name - a ridiculous situ in a footie league that wants to be a reputable one. Doidgy also out although again I'd suggest an appeal is in order - prob a lesser chance of success all the same! Anyway, I think JR will have to consider "matching up" to Calum Davidson's formation and tactics - play out a tight game of attrition esp with Nisbet not finding any kinda striking form. Nisbet's current positivity centres on his contribution as an inside forward feeding a more direct and effective forward alongside him. We need a goal/goals to win this match - not looking very likely! Bring in Scott Allan? Is Gullan good enough to even consider as an up front CF? Or elevate young O'Connor up to a first team debut in a CF position? Lotsa decisions for JR to ponder as he must "break" this losing streak asap. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
Heh hehhhhhh!!! Smile A welcome 1-2 Hibs victory and well done to the guys for making it happen - a massive win that breaks up that losing streak!! And Kevin Nisbet was listening!!! Thumb up Scores his 1st league goal for quite a while after having two previous "strikes" disallowed. Hopefully this will be the end of the CF's barren spell and more goals to come in the weeks ahead. And Jamie Murphy comes on to finish off ten-man Saints in the last quarter of the match with a rare goal - WELL DONE THAT MAN!! Thumb up He normally "ghosts" into great scoring positions, but doesn't deliver the requisite goal. Not today!! Not happy with a point v 10 men - LETS GRAB BOTH POINTS! Great stuff and that 'feelgood factor' has returned!!

GGTTH
Aye 0762, a well won 3 points and despite the officials trying to prevent it by disallowing what appeared 2 perfectly good strikes the team kept going to earn their just rewards. We were certainly the better side over 90 minutes with the only other disappointment being, to concede yet another soft goal.

Perhaps St J didn't know how to set up against us as normally all efforts are to stop Boyle!

Well done Hibs and onto Wednesday night v sevco.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
That supposed "push" by Porty to disallow one of Nisbet's disallowed goals was highly questionable. I watched a rerun (bbc Sportscene) of Nisbet's 1st disallowed goal and must say, "Wrong call, onside and come on!! This is a poor amateur standard of refereeing in a pro footie league". I also watched a rerun of Harry Clarke's wrong red card/2nd yellow in the Ross Co v Dundee U match and again what a f####### joke standard of ref decision-making!! Thumb down This poor level of refereeing just can't go on for much longer! An old topic, but some kinda improvement must be forced through for the overall good of the game up here.
The 1st disallowed goal was an incredible decision. Really awful. Nisbet played really well though, as did the enigma that is scott allan.

Was absolutely thrilled with the overall performance, it would have been a real injustice if we hadn't won that game. We have proved we can manage without Boyle now, and we need to go on a decent run. Starting with giving sevco another doing hopefully.
Aye! Scotty Allan definitely worth a "special mention". I thought this was a perfect game for him to perform in the way that he can play exquisitely esp v 10 men.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »