Thread Rating:
Porteous subjected to online sectarian abuse!!!?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58916448

Add in homophobic abuse as well and it had to be coming from this usual toxic Govan footie club (certain officials "played a part" in fueling these attacks!) and the factions of poisonous fans who support them!!! Thumb down I've previously put in my "tuppence worth" re Scot footie life before they returned to the top league and after they finally won the Scot Championship and proceeded to infect our game AGAIN after all these blissful years without them!! The evidence is there for all to see and we are stuck with these shit heids unless they are finally "brought to bear" or hopefully liquidated due to the poor fiscal management of their football club. Porteous incurs a two-match ban for that tackle and also gets a negative bonus of the usual online abuse that seems to infect our society these days when it comes to stuff like this - IT'S ONLY A GAME OF FOOTIE FFS AND NOBODY GOT INJURED!!! Cool
ritchiebaby likes this post
Jack should have mentioned who wound up the hordes that attacked Ryan..... Gerrard. With his comments about leg breaking tackles when there was no contact whatsoever.

He's a classless scumbag, always has been. He knew exactly what he was doing.
0762 and Inverurie Jambo like this post
Unfortunately Gerrards tactics couldn't have worked better for him, especially getting into the refs mind. Add in 45000 huns baying for blood and Porto had no chance whatever ones thoughts on the tackle were.

Feel it will take something remarkable from Porto now to overcome all this history when we play sevco from now on, especially with Gerrard in charge. You can hear the team talk now about making a meal out of every challenge and winding Porto up at every opportunity and waiting for him to blow. Obviously not a new tactic but works better for Gerrard with most officials up here only too eager to kiss his feet at every opportunity. It will be interesting to see how Porto plays these games if selected.

I would have liked Ross to have made his statement earlier in the week but agreed with all he said.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
I honestly think that's why Gerrard was employed. Sublime footballer when he wanted, cynical hatchet man when he wanted. He's still the hatchet man, harassing players and referees knowing he'll get away with it with the fawning media. Where's Michael Stewart when we need him to tell it like it is?
Cabbage is still good for you
It's a good point re him knowing he'll "get away with it" and that's where I take issue with the SFA/SPFL in not citing him re harrassing/defaming an opposition player in the way it has been done ever since that Porty tackle on Barisic last season at ER Stadium. His comments border on defamation of character and he really "crossed a red line" when one compares anything close to that re comments coming from other Scottish managers in the past. I reckon the previous attempts to demonise Broony are the closest to this one. In reality, Porty has received two red cards, both of them v Rangers and issued by the same referee. He is not a serial offender and this type of attack by Gerrard should be challenged by the appropriate footie authority re the true motive behind these attacks and the resultant distressing impact on the player who he has clearly targeted for attention. If there isn't a rule covering this gross violation of proper footie protocol/conduct becoming of any footie manager, then there should be one created asap to protect all pro players from this kinda nonsense.
Re Mikey Stewart, I believe there's a story attached to him re being "taken down a peg or two" by the bbc after his suspension last year following his critical comments of Rangers - aye, them again eh!! Soon after that period it was noticeable how Steven Thompson (another closet Hun albeit he is a fan of Saint Mirren) got "legged up" by the bbc while Stewart, also a known Scotindy backer, not given such a high profile compared with previous appearances. I'm convinced the bbc has an "agenda" re this kinda stuff. IMO Tom English is one of the few journos/footie pundits who calls it as it is re Rangers and the questionable way they go about their business and the toxic behaviour of factions of their fans who he regards as "having no place in Scottish footie whatsoever"!
Good interview in the times today with Porteous where he speaks out about the abuse he's had.

He's full of praise for Neil Lennon interestingly, but he also clearly is a really decent lad. Good luck to him.
HerefordBull, 0762, ritchiebaby like this post
He is indeed a good lad and a good Hibs fan "into the bargain". Also he doesn't like the Huns as do lots n lots of other Hibs fans for various reasons, the main ones being their antagonistic and intimidating behaviour coupled with their unacceptable poisonous sectarian antics that really have "infected" Scot footie. Don't forget their unsportmanlike behaviour after being brought down a peg or two in Hibs famous 2016 Scot Cup final victory against them - never forgotten by lotsa Hibs fans! However, disliking them and playing v them with passion has to be tempered with sheer discipline in the knowledge that they have members of the ref fraternity who are "itching" to dismiss players who play against RFC for reasons that don't similarly apply to Rangers' players when they commit comparable offences/fouls.
(24-10-2021, 23:52)0762 Wrote: He is indeed a good lad and a good Hibs fan "into the bargain". Also he doesn't like the Huns as do lots n lots of other Hibs fans for various reasons, the main ones being their antagonistic and intimidating behaviour coupled with their unacceptable poisonous sectarian antics that really have "infected" Scot footie. Don't forget their unsportmanlike behaviour after being brought down a peg or two in Hibs famous 2016 Scot Cup final victory against them - never forgotten by lotsa Hibs fans! However, disliking them and playing v them with passion has to be tempered with sheer discipline in the knowledge that they have members of the ref fraternity who are "itching" to dismiss players who play against RFC for reasons that don't similarly apply to Rangers' players when they commit comparable offences/fouls.

It's certainly interesting to note the press making no mention of their fans booing of the knee whilst painting them as some kind of progressive club.

They are the only scottish club to have had a stand closed for racism Laugh
Which leads me to the point I iterated before re the UEFA stance against Rangers consistent violations in Euro matches at Ibronx and comparing it with that of the SFA??? The difference is "night n day" and reeks of either fear/compromise or favour being given to the bigots.
hibeejim21 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »