Thread Rating:
Aberdeen v Hibs, Sat 23 October, KO 3.00pm
Think you are right IJ. Lennon is very much a marmite manager but what he would bring is some passion and feeling which many fans like to see. As Jim said Ross is the least animated manager on the touchline Hibs have seen in a very long time.

It is true he does lack personnel especially at present where the spine of his side is missing without Porteous, Magennis and Doidge. However this just highlights the poor depth to the squad and poor recruitment we have had for some time.
"FOREVER UNITED"
The now dismissed Mr Mathie played a big part in leaving Hibs "in the lurch" in that respect. A total transfer f### up that apparently really pissed off Ron Gordon - left young Gullan "hung out to dry" when he should've been transferred to Killie, IMO Gullan not good enough to play for Hibs - hence the preferred transfer out to join Ollie Shaw at Rugby Park. The Doig transfer was an apparent f### up as well as it would've pulled in extra revenue for Hibs to deal in the transfer market. And then St Mirren's McGrath was "signed and sealed" to move to Hibs, compromised in the final hours and left to remain with the Buddies - very unimpressive and no wonder Gordon dumped Mathie asap. That should not have happened!!Thumb down
Also I must add the Doidge injury was very unlucky for player and HFC - has not helped Hibs cause at all. He was a good alternative strike option. We are missing some of the goals he would definitely be "bagging". He irritatingly scorns scoring opps, but he'd bag a few, a good link up player, and was an able strike partner alongside Kevin Nisbet.
(24-10-2021, 22:30)newhavenhibby Wrote: Think you are right IJ. Lennon is very much a marmite manager but what he would bring is some passion and feeling which many fans like to see. As Jim said Ross is the least animated manager on the touchline Hibs have seen in a very long time.

It is true he does lack personnel especially at present where the spine of his side is missing without Porteous, Magennis and Doidge. However this just highlights the poor depth to the squad and poor recruitment we have had for some time.

I wouldn't want Lennon back unless it was a short term thing. I think the longer he stays in charge the worse things seem to get....but i agree in certain ways he's a better manager than Jack. Certainly reading between the lines from Porteous's interview he seems to think so too.
0762 likes this post
I previously mentioned what appears to be a lack of awareness and the power to motivate players on the part of Jack Ross. I think that is one of the biggest differences between him and Lennon. Of course the main problem with NL is at the point when he can't tolerate "slackers" and players who are not following instructions - can transform into a personal argument or a personality clash that could possibly affect the dressing room. I think that's where a manager like Ross becomes favourable with that "steady Eddie" type of persona. However, it doesn't make him a better all round manager than Lennon who IMO had a lotta tactical "nous" about him and wasn't afraid to change a player early in a match after realising the game was unfolding negatively for Hibs.
Agreed.......I wouldn't want Lennon back but would like to see some of his passion. As 0762 says, if he could see something or someone wasn't working then he would change things sooner rather than later.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »