Thread Rating:
The Ashes 2021-22 - England in Australia
I suspect his suggestion of the teams being twinned with Hundred franchises would mean the white ball subsidising the red ball, as currently happens in the county game, but with fewer teams and no player-overlap between formats allowing greater flexibility than the current set-up.

Of course, you'd have to pay the exact same amount to red-ball cricketers as white-ball, otherwise all the best and brightest would simply follow the money. And sooner or later, when they suss out that they're generating 99% of the club's income in front of packed stadiums but getting the same wages as blokes who generate 1% in front of five pensioners, a labrador and a tumbleweed, the white-ball lads will be on the phone to their union pronto. But hey ho, Aggers knows best.
Lord Snooty likes this post
There are times when Aggers isn't too coherent from the first to the sixth ball of an over. A bit like Wogan at Eurovision. I suspect he's likely been on the sauce with this idea too.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
A bit like Wogan at Eurovision. Laugh Laugh Laugh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Not that I ever watched it. I just heard the replays on Radio 2 the week after whilst driving to work. Whistle Big Grin
A guide to cask ale.

It will happen and it will lose thousands of county members strange when we win Tests they don’t mention County Cricket
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Oh good grief no - it's all down to the groundsmen and the use of the heavy or not quite so heavy roller.

Don't mention the rain and the covers.
A guide to cask ale.

Root & Silverwood talking slightly more sense than Agnew. Both want the County Championship played all summer long, and concurrently with the Hundred. Obviously there's a problem right now with the number of players leaving their counties for those six weeks, so in future I think there needs to be some kind of ECB incentive for promising young red-ball cricketers to stick with the Championship all summer; maybe cash prizes for breaking 1000 runs or 50 wickets?

My fear is that the Hundred is too precious to those in the charge to be undermined in any way, even if it might benefit the Test side in the long run.
themaclad likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »