Thread Rating:
The Faroes v Scotland, Tuesday 12 October
I think Dykes is an absolute donkey but credit where it's due, he has stuck to the task in these games.

A win in moldova will be enough to make the play offs, but we will be without christie and dykes. Some of the bookings last night were a joke.
I only wonder when we are going to score the winner with a deliberate header/shot.

Against Israel, we scored when a ball from a flick-on came to McTominay and it sort of flew into the net accidentally. He did his best to put it over the bar but failed.

Against The Faroes, Dykes only scored because he got in the way of an attempted clearance. We might get away with it now and again but we're riding our luck.

Both players were in the right place at the right time, but it won't be good enough later in the competition.
Cabbage is still good for you
I think the "alarm bells are already ringing" re the possibility of another "banana skin" for Scotland in Moldova next month. The evidence was there for all to see last night - lotsa players who just couldn't get going, mispassing, losing out on the 50-50 challenges, "flat as a pancake". The Kazakhstan debacle last year was a prime example of this "out of the blue" failure in an away fixture. The good news re Moldova's WC group form is they only have one point and have lost 24 goals so far. Lets hope Clarke finds the right line-up of players who are primed and motivated enough to realise the importance of the fixture and actually play properly as well as scoring the requisite goals without Dykes in the team.

(13-10-2021, 10:26)hibeejim21 Wrote: I think Dykes is an absolute donkey but credit where it's due, he has stuck to the task in these games.

A win in Moldova will be enough to make the play offs, but we will be without christie and dykes. Some of the bookings last night were a joke.

The warnings re this "card happy" Slovenian ref were issued well before this match Jim. The guy has a black history of issuing yellow cards for next to nothing! In his last match before this one in the Faroes, he apparently "dished out" 13 yellow cards.
Don't fancy us against denmark one bit - they are yet to lose a goal in the qualifiers. So its win or bust in Moldova i think.
Depends how the Denmark manager views the Scotland match IMO. He fielded a weak side in the Faroes thinking this team was good enough to win the match. Brought on "bigger players" in the last 20 mins to change a 0-0 draw to any victory. They have won this group and there's a good chance he'll field a "second string" line-up and rest a lotta his 1st choice players as a reward. However, that team will still likely give Scotland a challenge to win this final match. Hopefully Scotland also not playing for any reason other than fulfilling the fixture.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »