Thread Rating:
Rangers 1 Celtic 0 - a disappointing result but.....
.....some vg signs that Ange is on the right track to rebuild a strong team and some useful info re tactics and players used v a Rangers team that aint that good. Indeed, the game itself was very poor and not a great advert for Scottish footie. However, they won't care as it is the result that matters in this kinda match. In Celtic's case I think Ange has discovered that Edouard is a consistent "donkey" in this fixture when it comes to striking and taking easy chances - this time a horrendous effort to put Celtic ahead in the 1st half right in front of the Hun goal, an easy "hit" to score, but f##### up big-timel! Doh Another observation is that Turnbull was absolutely "rank rotten" in this match, a real embarrassment and, based on such a dismal performance, should be nowhere near Steve Clarke's Scotland squad for next week's World Cup quali game v Denmark. Then there is Ange's use of Kyoto Furuhashi? Forrest unavailable and so he opted to start the Jap striker on the left wing, a clear mistake esp with a misfiring Edouard in the CF position. As soon as Furuhashi reinstated to his natural striking position in the 2nd half plus Rogic on the pitch, Celtic transformed and could well have won this match outright with some great attacking moves through Furuhashi whose decision-making was questionable this afternoon. In one incisive move, Furuhashi not opting to "square the baw" for Christie to score a certain goal/equaliser - a defining moment in the game. In the striker's defence, he has never played in this kinda derby match and there is no doubt in my mind he'll learn positively from it for future matches v them. I reckon the Hoops will catch and overtake them during a long season to come. We shall see!
Wasn't a great game, neither side particularly creating much, and i felt it had nil nil written all over it til Celtics inability to defend a set piece came back to haunt them.

Rangers are a pretty solid unit, but their game is all about winning 2nd balls and free kicks. They don't have many truly creative players in their side, Morelos and Kent offered very little all day.

I thought celtic played quite well 1st half but they lost the midfield after the interval and their manager didn't change it quick enough or didn't have enough to change it with. It looked better with Kyogo more central but it was left too late. Ralston defended the box very well, and I wonder if Hibs should have taken a punt on him when he was offered to us.
I'd also add that there is little for us or the other clubs to fear from them both.

Sevcovid's best player v us last season was the referee and it looks like they are regressing as a football team, whilst sellick are still obviously going to need more than one transfer window to sort out the mess they have been left.

This seasons going to be very interesting.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »