Thread Rating:
Paralympics in Tokyo
Starts on Tuesday. Are we all interested? I think it's brilliant and we will be watching as much as we can. As we have done since, I think it was Sydney when we first took an interest.

Anyway, Channel 4 have got it again and they usually do a great job, so here's looking forward to it all.......
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Gold for Dame Sarah Storey........again.

Fifteen now, I think they said.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
I nearly managed to stay up for that! They were setting off when sleep got me.

BRONZE for Toni Shaw in swimming S9 400m freestyle.

SILVER Reece Dunn men's S14 100m butterfly.

I think Reece's mum might be one of the stars of the show.
We're claiming the bronze from Phelipe Andrews Melo Rodrigues because he's married to Liz Johnson.

SILVER Tully Kearney swimming women's 200m freestyle S5. Just missed the gold.
5 Golds today (plus more silver and bronze) as GB did their stuff in the usual successful events of equestrian, swimming and track cycling. PS - I should have mentioned fencing as another successful sport.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Super Saturday off to a good start with 3 golds in the velodrome.  Thumb up

And the British Irons through to the Wheelchair Rugby Final.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Another proper gold rush for GB today. How many? Don't know, I've lost count. Big Grin
7 golds today.

Probably the story of the games so far as a British perspective, has to be the Wheelchair Rugby team. First European team to win a medal at any Paralympics, but also they lost their funding recently and have, like a lot of other success stories, had to do it for themselves.
Been out this morning so just catching up with the action. And what another emotional day it was.

Poor little Ellie Robinson. Such a brave lass and revealing in the post race interview all the "shizzle" she's been through this year and the pain she's had to suffer. Not a dry eye in the house.  Sad

And then the Johnny Peacock race. What a cracker! Three thousands of a second between the top 4 and Johnny and the German lad sharing the bronze. Great stuff.

As for Lee Pearson. How many golds now? 14 was it? And don't forget his horse. Clever horsey. Smile
Another good day in Tokyo, especially for Sarah Storey - 16 Golds now to equal the GB best-ever Paralympics Gold Medal haul.
Also Gold for Ben Watson and Reece Dunn. More silver and bronze too in athletics, swimming and cycling.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »