Thread Rating:
Hibs v HNK Rijeka, Thurs 5 August, KO 7.45PM
This is the 1st leg of a ECL tie v Croatian opponents that could propel Hibs into the final play-off round v Bohemians or PAOK. However, I don't think this will be an easy tie for Hibs although they have a chance to progress. IMO it will be an achievement if we finally qualify v Bohemians or PAOK, but I can't see it happening TBH. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

GGTTH
HerefordBull likes this post
This is going to be a tricky tie. They were close to getting a champions league qualifying spot.

Swiss striker Josip Drmic (on loan from Norwich) is very much a penalty box striker we need to watch.
FT 1-1 and another entertaining match observed at ER Stadium where Hibs played out some of the best footie seen for a long time in a thrilling match. IMO Hibs the better side, but not taking some of the vg scoring opps that were created. It was a good move by Jack Ross to replace Gogic with Hayes in the midfield area and it worked a treat with some excellent attacking moves by Hibs. Stevo very unlucky not to score the opening goal with a cracking 20yd shot that hit their post and bounced out to a safe area of the pitch. All to play for in the second leg and I must say they are noticeably pacy when breaking out to counter Hibs attacks.

GGTTH
Aye 0762, I enjoyed the game and certainly good to be back.

Think we will have our work cut out next week as they obviously came for a draw or maybe to nick it on the break if they could and happy for us to have the ball, especially first half.  If we had taken the lead I feel their tactics would have changed and they would have got back into the game. When they started to press us in the second half we looked less comfortable and they have 3 or 4 really quick guys who are going to cause us trouble when they are in full attacking mood.........they will be a different animal next game. Confused

As many know, I am not a fan of Stevenson but thought he had a good game tonight. Like the look of Jake Doyle-Hayes.........neat and tidy on the ball with good distribution.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Thought we played well, albeit a bit rusty. Rijeka are certainly no mugs.

No idea how the 2nd leg will play out, but we have a real chance. Happy to pay the 12 quid for the tv feed.
I must add re Lewis Stevenson's decent contribution, what a fantastically loyal servant he has been to the club since he started as a learning 12-13 year old kid. A great role model for the new generation of kids who will try to "make the grade" with HFC.
HerefordBull likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »