Thread Rating:
Motherwell v Hibs, Sun 1 August
So the Prem League season finally begins with an away match v the "steel men". Here's hoping Hibs early competitive Euro matches "stand them in good stead" to register a good victory in this match. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
Macey, McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson, Gogic, Magennis, Newell, Boyle, Murphy, Nisbett. Starting 11.

Doidge and Allan on the bench.

Doig left out, rumours he could be on his way to Notts Forest.
Aye looks like Doig is on his way. Can't help feeling he is moving a tad too early but money talks.

We'll see which Hibs team turns up today and whether the good fortunes of last year stay with us. Hopefully Magennis will kick on after his recent good performances and become the player we invested in from St Mirren

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Aye. Re Doig, Jack Ross pre-match comment - "Doig highly likely to be moving on shortly". I'm curious to find out what the agreed transfer fee will be?
I'm hearing that transfer fee is £5M plus add-ons with Arsenal and Leeds Utd now "in the mix"!!

40 mins in and 2-1 Motherwell in a very entertaining match!! Gogic having a nightmare. Also are Hibs deciding not to mark up players in the pen box plus Macey not clever on that second M'well goal/header by Mugabi! And now we've witnessed the first controversial ref decision of the season against Hibs - A STONEWALL PK WHEN MAGENISS CLEARLY IMPEDED BY CARROLL (THERE IS CLEAR CONTACT!!!) AND THE REF IGNORES IT FFS!! ALSO NOTE THE AR IS LOCATED ABOUT 7 YARDS FROM THE INCIDENT!!!???? Hibs players surrounding the ref at HT - call it what it is - a f###### moron of a ref who should've also given Carroll a second yellow card after his altercation with Boyly!! What the f### is going on with these ref officials!!??
What are Gogic and the referee playing at.?  Shocking both of them Doh

Full time and goals from Doidge and a penalty from Boyle see Hibs win 2 . 3 Thumb up
"FOREVER UNITED"
The referee is a complete joke, and has robbed us twice already.

Anyway 2-2 now after my favourite player Doidge levelled. But jeez we have made this hard for ourselves.

That Motherwell team are a big bunch of lads. The dutch guy looks a very decent player.
Good 3 points.

Not so hot 1st half, losing 2 headed goals and lacking in composure throughout. Gogic had an absolute mare. But 2nd half we really got it together and Boyle and Nisbet caused a lot of problems for Motherwell. Magennis much better in the middle. Indeed if Nisbet can improve his ball control he could go on to be a very good player.

Ross got the changes right today I think. Apart from the referees brainfarts in the first half - where do they get these clowns from ?- it was a very good afternoon out.

Well done Hibs!
0762 likes this post
A vg match btw in terms of sheer entertainment! Thumb up Hibs rightly aggrieved at HT. But Jack Ross getting credit where credit is due - settled the guys down in the dressing room and pushed them to get back into this game and win it - JOB DONE AND I THOUGHT THEY MANAGED THE REMAINING QUARTER OF THE MATCH VERY WELL!! I do wonder why Boyly didn't fall in the Motherwell pen box in the dying minutes??? Clearly fouled, but opted to stay on his feet?? I also found the duel between Porty and Van Veen good to watch - Ryan up for the challenge v a traditional decent CF who had a good performance as well.

GGTTH
Fee agreed with 2 clubs for Doig - believed to be burnley and forest. Fee around 4 million.

It's up to him and his agent now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »