Thread Rating:
Europa Conference League: Hibs v Santa Coloma, Thurs 22 July
So Hibs start off their Euro campaign v a team from Andorra. It shouldn't pose any great probs for the guys, but no complacency allowed esp at such an early time of the footie season. Also I'm assuming about 5k fans will be allowed to attend the match at ER Stadium - similar to the Dons' allowance of 5k fans.
4,700 seems to be the official number for Easter Road. The biggest problem for the away leg might be playing at over 1000m above sea level.
Cabbage is still good for you
I'll wait your report on tonights refs performance with interest 0762. Big Grin Big Grin

Oh, we managed a 3.0 win. Thumb up
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Aye NH! Doh The good news is that Hibs start the new footie season with a competent 3-0 win that really should've been 5-0 or 6-0 had it not been for this awful performance by a very excitable Icelandic referee. This guy made Scottish referees look like top performers in Euro footie refereeing. I think his 1st correct decision was when he sent off that Icelandic defender. However, he should've made that decision much earlier in the 2nd half. Anyway, Boyly (with a "brace of goals) and Nisbet scoring the requisite goals. Boyly in fine form btw and unsurprising when one considers that he's been playing recently in 4 x World Cup quali matches for Australia and doing well. As for Newell's red card, the less said about it, the better - his challenge didn't even merit a yellow card!! But it knocked Hibs off course for a short period as we'd lost a mid playmaker who couldn't be easily replaced from the subs' bench. Thankfully Jack Ross changed it to still take on a poor team even with ten Hibs players. It was ironic that this Andorran sideĀ ended up with nine men on the pitch TBH!! Looks like job done as they definitely don't pose a great threat up front.

GGTTH
FT in the second leg and a 1-2 Hibs win after going down 1-0. A quick reply equaliser and a winning Mackay goal "does the biz" for Hibs. Agg score 5-1. But the next quali round will be more challenging for Hibs as they'll be facing a Croatian side, Rijeka.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »