Thread Rating:
Pre Season Thread
(20-07-2021, 22:17)drewks Wrote:
(20-07-2021, 21:10)BaggieSteve Wrote: I actually think it makes sense for him not to play. He’s our primary financial asset and he’s clearly leaving, so I wouldn’t risk him for one minute and endanger what is the only real source of funding for the manager. I’d like to see us get this deal done quickly so that VI has time to bring players in and assimilated into the squad. However, it’ll probably be another Albion screw up - he gets sold one hour before the deadline for £12million and we do another Anichebe type deal.

But Steve, if the club decides not to play him, that's a  different thing..... this whisper is that HE refused to play.

If that’s the truth, Drewks, then I would regard that as unacceptable. However, I would question why we would even contemplate selecting a player who will not be part of our plans for the coming season, who wants to leave and whose transfer value will determine our ability to compete in the market. I’d love to see him stay but it’s obvious he’s leaving so get the best deal we can for him and make sure there is no chance of an injury to scupper any deal
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Is this another example of MOST players not having any loyalty to club and mates and only in it for the money?
Or is it they want a better club and honours?

Of course I realise that they have say 10 years or less at the top of there game, and need financial security. So its a hard call - I'd go for security.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(21-07-2021, 14:37)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: Is this another example of MOST players not having any loyalty to club and mates and only in it for the money?
Or is it they want a better club and honours?

Of course I realise that they have say 10 years or less at the top of there game, and need financial security. So its a hard call - I'd go for security.

players these days just want more dosh
bigger flash cars more expensive houses and the latest flash woman that is available
who pay for all this?

bloody us the loyal supporters(of whatever club)
think these players dont really give a flying fook about who put them where they are

pi$$es me off bloody lot of them
talkSAFT likes this post
@Kristien 1965
With a few exceptions, top footballers are the worst examples of human beings.
Entertainers generally are the same. They all start up because they love what they're doing (unlike labourers, clerks, etc), and at the age of about 15, they'd still love doing it, even as amateurs.
I'd bring out an 'Entertainment Tax' which would apply to Sportsmen, TV Stars, Newsreaders, and the rest of the vastly-overpaid cretins we 'worship'. The Tax would apply to any 'Entertainer' earning above £100k..... and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. What they 'earn' is immoral, considering they love what they're doing anyway. If they bugger off for more money - to USA or Spain - "cheerio" - I'll settle for 2nd best. But I'd hope that Biden & Co would follow suit!

(A good example of all this is that Fiona Bruce gets £450kpa of OUR Licence Fee for reading an autocue. They could teach someone on the dole to do that - as well as she does - for £30k, after, say, 2 months practice).
drewks likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(22-07-2021, 09:48)talkSAFT Wrote: With a few exceptions, top footballers are the worst examples of human beings.
Entertainers generally are the same. They all start up because they love what they're doing (unlike labourers, clerks, etc), and at the age of about 15, they'd still love doing it, even as amateurs.
I'd bring out an 'Entertainment Tax' which would apply to Sportsmen, TV Stars, Newsreaders, and the rest of the vastly-overpaid cretins we 'worship'. The Tax would apply to any 'Entertainer' earning above £100k..... and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. What they 'earn' is immoral, considering they love what they're doing anyway. If they bugger off for more money - to USA or Spain - "cheerio" - I'll settle for 2nd best. But I'd hope that Biden & Co would follow suit!

(A good example of all this is that Fiona Bruce gets £450kpa of OUR Licence Fee for reading an autocue. They could teach someone on the dole to do that - as well as she does - for £30k, after, say, 2 months practice).

Agree totally talkSAFT, but I'd use Gary Lineker as a better example of how the BBC squanders much more of our money - I understand he's just taken a £400k pay cut to bring his annual salary down to
a measly £1.36million, bless him
talkSAFT likes this post
(22-07-2021, 10:46)drewks Wrote: Agree totally talkSAFT, but I'd use Gary Lineker as a better example of how the BBC squanders much more of our money - I understand he's just taken a £400k pay cut to bring his annual salary down to
a measly £1.36million, bless him

I respect Lineker for that. Smile
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
4-0

Good run out against the blues
Blue Baggie likes this post
(31-07-2021, 17:46)Baggie_One Wrote: 4-0

Good run out against the blues

A walk in the park, great to see Tulloch getting game time and on the score sheet.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »